Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Net cafes in sligo

Options
  • 01-12-2008 8:21pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What ones are there? I want to go in to play some games as my 2mb fastcom connection is too damn bad to play games on. I have tried cafe online but their computers were dire and couldn't even run the game okish.

What others, if any, are there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

The one in The Quayside Shopping Centre is nice. Can't remember the name, but its upstairs, nice staff, nice place, nice computers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭The C Kid

Kevin who runs the one in Quayside is an absolute gent! Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Yeah, I had some problem in there and the guy was v helpful with me, a complete technophobe.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Cheers, what time does it close at do you know?
    Does quayside or teh net cafe have a site?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

check out the internet cafe on st stephen street as well, near the bank of ireland and AIB, often brought my lappy in there before i got my own conection, very freindly and helpful

heres their page on the discover ireland website, their own site seems to be down at the mo

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Thanks.
    I'll check out quayside.

That's cafe online that I was complaining about irish-stew. Are you saying I could bring in my laptop and play and they would charge me as normal? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Thanks.
    I'll check out quayside.

That's cafe online that I was complaining about irish-stew. Are you saying I could bring in my laptop and play and they would charge me as normal? :)

sorry, never read your post properly, but i often bought my laptop in there, never a problem, just took a lan lead out of the back of an available desk top and pluged it in, the first time in their one of the lads set it up for me, any time after that they just let me help my self, same rates as if using one of their own computers if i remember

Class. Somewhere to play css at last. ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Class. Somewhere to play css at last. ^^
    Last time I was there (two years ago for Whiplash), the computers were capable of playing CS:S.

• Advertisement

Yeah I remember being there before years ago that and css worked fine. Have gone in twice now and wasn't even close! Maybe it's the two computers I picked.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Maybe it's the two computers I picked.
    Ask at the desk. They probably have some pieces of sh|t for browsing the internet, and a few for playing games. Try some of the machine's in the middle "island", if you get me (and if they haven't rearranged the PC's).

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

If you use your lappy in Cafe Online becomer a member. If you bulk buy it can cost e1.25 an hour.

There is a guy who works there who is a bit of a gaming guru I am sure he can fill you in.

Does the time bought have to be used all at once or can it be dtored?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

Cyberzone in quayside would be better for gaming, the pcs arent great like fps wise in source, the ones in cafe online havent changed in years. about 30fps max id say :D. Both cafes tho still lack in net connection and if there is a good few people on the net/playing your ping will be high.

I'll try cyberzone and if the ping is high I can play on my laptop(~100fps) in cafe online which seems emtpyish when I have been there, mostly people playing poker. Another ED match missed tonight, grr. Sligo fails, so glad I have moved back.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

You get a user name and password and use time as you need it.

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

pfffft. galway abandoner, and irc too

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    pfffft. galway abandoner, and irc too

Q wouldn't let me auth, **** em! I'm in non authed channels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭hupyago

are n e of these places mac friendly

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭aidan_r

hupyago wrote: »
    are n e of these places mac friendly

People connect their macbooks to the network in cafeonline all the time and I'm sure if either of the other places facilitate laptops it won't matter what operating system you run either.

If you mean do they have macs, I doubt it. They are far too expensive for what you get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

If you mean do they have macs, I doubt it. They are far too expensive for what you get.

Fight tha powah!

o/

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭STBR

Hey guys me and my friends have been gaming in Cafe online for about 4 years and it's fine for it.

We mostly play CS:S.

Haven't been there in a few months now since I'm gone off gaming a bit and I've an excellent set up at home.

But the guys there are really friendly, ask me any questions about it if you want. :D

Hey dude, what comps should I use in there. I was on two in the middle for about 2 hours and didnt even get a game they were so slow. Did you play online with your mates or lan? I too played there in the past and was good. :)

I suppose I could play on my laptop there though if the need arises.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭STBR

Hey dude, what comps should I use in there. I was on two in the middle for about 2 hours and didnt even get a game they were so slow. Did you play online with your mates or lan? I too played there in the past and was good. :)

I suppose I could play on my laptop there though if the need arises.

Yeah well the last time I was in there the PCs were looking a bit run down.

They were brad new when we started in there.

Not sure what computers to advise, I think some of the middle ones are pretty good - Maybe 5, 6, 7.
    Possibly one or two at the back too.

Yeah we played online and LANs.

We even had clan wars and everything online, so the connection speed is fine.

I just bought my first laptop and if I was going there now I'd probably bring that because I'd have all my own settings and games on it, but I'd still be able to own my friends in the same room as them. :D

Cheers for info!

Advertisement