Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where To Buy Gear

• 01-12-2008 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hey
    I am interested in playing in the IAFL, have a good knowledge of the sport, but i was wondering if anyone knew wheres a good place to pick up gear, espically a good pair of gloves for playing CB. Any help will be much appreciated, cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Hey
    I am interested in playing in the IAFL, have a good knowledge of the sport, but i was wondering if anyone knew wheres a good place to pick up gear, espically a good pair of gloves for playing CB. Any help will be much appreciated, cheers.

Go to http://www.iafs.co.uk guys there will point you in right direction but Ebay for small things like gloves is always good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

If you join a team they'll be able to help you out. Who are you thinking of joining?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Hey

There is a few usual suspects when it comes to gear, depending on what you need though you should really shop around. As TO said, if it is just gloves you are looking for eBay will be your best bet by far.

I just bought a helmet from http://www.americanfootballuk.com/ which was delivered today, highly recommend these guys for anything you need.

Others to consider are

Barnett
    Forelle

Each has their own issues with service/prices/delivery but there is not an overly big market out there for the sport, still though you should shop around as much you can.

When I was looking for a site to get my new lid from I went to the Schutt main website and was linked to all of their official suppliers in europe, from their I could find their websites which I would never have found through google etc. so it does pay to shop around. I was ready to buy the helmet I got from a company in denmark for €330 - purely because they said they had it in stock, when I found out they didnt I cancelled it and went to AFUK who I got it €100 cheaper from.

But as jdivision said, any team you join will be able to help you out with gear. Some teams even have discounts through equipment suppliers so dont go and buy yourself a mountain of gear just yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Vikings wrote: »
    Some teams even have discounts through equipment suppliers so dont go and buy yourself a mountain of gear just yet!
    Yeah that was one of the main reasons I said about going with a team, also much better to try the game out before buying a shedload of gear. Also if a team is ordering from the States it can work out better value because of shipping and so on than an individual.

Advertisement