Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

HD-DVD: Who still sells them?

• 01-12-2008 8:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

Forgive me if this question was asked here before recently, and point me to the thread if it was.

I've decided to pick up one the HD-DVD add ons for my xbox 360 as its only 30 quid I figured I can't go wrong. Have had the HD TV for a while now but never watch any HD movies on it. HD compatible games on the 360 look amazing though. So I'm wondering are there any retailers still selling HD-DVDs? There are loads on ebay for cheap which is great but rather then having the little bit of hassle of buying HD-DVDs from several different people it would be nice if there was a single retailer that sold them. I'm looking to get a little collection of the HD-DVD back catalog until I eventually get a Blu-Ray player.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,369 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

www.hmv.co.uk , just use their search bar with "hd dvd"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

You may want to get onto hmv pretty quickly, the stock they have starting to dwindle. It's an even better deal if you can delivered to a UK address for free post.

ebay will be the other port of call for your other HD DVD fix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

Wow hmv have some amazing offers there for hd dvd cheers for the tip!

Edit: hmm yea they don't have much of a selection left do they? lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭ffocused

i got some from amazon.co.uk. amazon.ca and play.com. all very cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

sorry to burst your bubble but the war is over! blu-ray won! HD-DVD is on its way to extinction or so i believe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Teutorix wrote: »
    sorry to burst your bubble but the war is over! blu-ray won! HD-DVD is on its way to extinction or so i believe

Those of us who still have HD-DVD players can still buy movies at a fraction of the price of their Blu-ray counterparts, and in the current economic climate, it is a more viable option. The obvious counter to this argument is that no new movies will be released, but there are well over 500+ HD-DVDs available, so there are still lots of bargains to be had.

Advertisement