Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT thursday

Options
  • 01-12-2008 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

my car is a 97 civic and im doing the nct thursday, once it passes im selling it, great car but getting a newer one.

have checked all now with the car and think she will pass except the front 2 tyres, there kinda shot, might make the 1.5mm tread but then again may not
    seen as im selling i dont really want to buy new tyres but if i have too i have too!!

so question is tyre tread a visual fail or a lane fail i.e. will i get charged if it fails and has to be retested!!

cheers all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

http://www.ncts.ie/inspection_list.html##3

It is checked (as you probably knew).
    I was over at Advance Pit Stop for the free RSA and they had a free little card there with measurements on it. You can go in and ask for a card and check the tyres. If they are under, replace them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

In my experience it's highly unlikely a 97 car will sail through the NCT without something mechanical popping up, usually like brake pipes, hoses or front bushings, etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,246 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

NCT aside mate I would not like selling a car with two almost bald tyres. Safety aspect aside it will give a buyer reason to knock down the asking price further. Budget brand tyres for a Civic are not that expensive to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 jason31

thanks fopr input guys, bit the bullet today and bought 4 new ones!!!

Advertisement