Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Axle Bush Bearings

Options
  • 01-12-2008 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I need to replace the Axle Bush Bearings in my '00 Honda Civic any clues how much this should set me back. I am not too keen on getiing mugged before Christmas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭martydunf

i had the rear axel bushings done on my golf cost me €200 done by local mechanic tho! bushings were €30 apiece from main dealer.
    i think the bushings arent as awkward to change on the civic as the are on the golfs so mightn't cost you as much if you go to your local mechanic

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jarri

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭AlanAhern

Is it the bushings or bearings you want to replace? Yout thread title is unclear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

By the way, Civic's don't have axles per say. They have a double wishbone suspension, with LOTS of bushings. IIRC it's 10 or 12 on the rear, and the same at the front.

Advertisement