Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best place to advertise a holiday home for short term lets

Options
  • 01-12-2008 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi All

Please could you advise me as to where the best place to advertise a holiday home for rent. It is a house in Spain in a lovely village called Benahavis very near lots of golf courses and the beach. I have put it on Daft.ie (www.daft.ie/841115) overseas propeties but could anyone offer some other suggestions to get it to Irish holiday makers and golfers who are looking for big family holidays or groups of golfers looking for a week away

Your thoughts are very much appreciated

Thanks in advance for your help

BBBS

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Fud Duddy

You can try VRBO.COM ( vacation rental by owner), this is a pretty good international holiday rental site, but it does cost to advertise per annum. For free advertising in Ireland try Gumtree.ie, Good luck, it's not a great year for advertising holiday rentals.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bbbs

Great thanks for your info - I know what you mean it is not a good time with the recession :(

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 dgaughran

Hi,

I bought a place in Portugal last year, and have just been over to furnish it and get it ready for rentals for the summer. My impression is that yes, bookings will be down, and you will have to charge less than maybe you would have, but it need not be a bad year. Many people are exploring independent holidays as they can be cheaper.

I decided to use two rental websites this summer, and just go with whatever worked best next year. I also decided to look at what my competitors were charging and charge 15% less.

holiday-rentals.co.uk
    holidaylettings.co.uk

They are both good sites, and the service is good, and charge similar amounts. My ad went live on Tuesday, I have had 6 enquires so far - 1 from holidaylettings and 5 from holiday-rentals. I have 2 bookings so far from those 6 enquiries, so at the moment, holiday-rentals looks like the better site, but its early days.

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 dgaughran

If you need anymore tips or advice let me know, I waded through all this stuff for the last month, and I could probably save you some time...

Advertisement