Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I have a chance?

Options
  • 01-12-2008 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

I am currently earning around 1800 a month and have just signed an 8 month fixed term contract that will pay 2500 a month from January 1st 2009 with relatively good prospects of leading to a permanent position paying 34,000p.a from september 2009. I am looking to borrow 12,000 for a new car. I applied to Halifax, who are not my main bank, but I applied to them as they have good interest rates, and was refused.
    Whats the best way to go about applying? Should i try to sell my old car and deposit the money in the credit union as security against a loan? And would they lend me 3 times the deposit???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Credit Union is a good option. But they require you to save some money for a few weeks before getting a loan. My advise would be to save for about 4 months the amount you intend to repay so the credit union can see you can afford it. They are much more flexable than the banks who like to say "computer says no".

Advertisement