Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

road gritting

Options
  • 01-12-2008 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭

i have been driving around co. limerick, and parts of co. tipp for the last couple of days, i have not come across any road gritting, i.m.o. safety should be paramount, recession or not, am i alone in finding ungritted roads.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Nope, alot of the roads from Longford to Mullingar and to the M4 were really bad over the weekend!!

They are all gone pure scabby but I bet if it was one of their own hurt they would sort them out!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Living in Newport, North Tipp I can confirm it was done on Saturday night. It was not done on Sunday night(last night) because I slid and hit a fence at 5:30am this morning.

I got sprayed on Saturday night as it drove past at around 60kph. It should be driving slower to get a better spread. *sigh* @ council

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

The main roads between towns were done in Laois. Fair play to the council. It made travelling at 6.30 this morning a pleasure. Once i went off the main road it all changed. Made ya realise how hard the frost was.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Living in Newport, North Tipp I can confirm it was done on Saturday night. It was not done on Sunday night(last night) because I slid and hit a fence at 5:30am this morning.

I got sprayed on Saturday night as it drove past at around 60kph. It should be driving slower to get a better spread. *sigh* @ council

I met them on the road between Macroom and Ballincillig and he was going about 70km/h

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Heading out the Dublin road towards Daly's cross yesterday after four hours of polishing the car, and met that b4stard truck.... Ugh......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Heading out the Dublin road towards Daly's cross yesterday after four hours of polishing the car, and met that b4stard truck.... Ugh......

It was the wrong time of year to waste time using black to black or similar on your tyres especially on the back roads to Newport.

Do you know what the best thing for blackening tyres is? Armor All Son of a gun wipes. 25 wipes in the container, 1 wipe per tyre. Its not greasy so all the crap on the road hardly sticks to it. A good wet sponge will bring them back to life.

BTW, I saw your car up the road last night, stalking me. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

It was the wrong time of year to waste time using black to black or similar on your tyres especially on the back roads to Newport.

Do you know what the best thing for blackening tyres is? Armor All Son of a gun wipes. 25 wipes in the container, 1 wipe per tyre. Its not greasy so all the crap on the road hardly sticks to it. A good wet sponge will bring them back to life.

BTW, I saw your car up the road last night, stalking me. :mad:

Haha i be out there twice weekly nearly:D Used son of a gun on the wheels and black bits, works a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

There is no more satisfyingly hilarious thing, than watching a gritter truck skate slowly along a sheen of black ice. Not fun for the parked Mercedes mind, but funny to watch.

Advertisement