Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

From hard drive to watch on TV?

• 01-12-2008 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi,
    I have a load of movies and stuff on an external hard drive - i wanna watch these on my tv...not the laptop!...what's my options?:confused:

is it possible to transfer them onto a hard drive dvd player/recorder and watch them that way or is this just not possible? have they to be burned onto disc first??

i've seen those emprex/blusens type hard drives that plug straight into the tv...are they straight forward to use or do they require a box-top set between them and the tv or is this just needed for recording from tv.

thanks
    smandy(confused)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Wolff

Divco - Tvix
    Popcornhour - the newer one
    Egreat
    New WD HD drive

All would allow you to connect your drive up to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

A media player is what you need. You've three kinds of model to choose from (from most expensive to least expensive) TViX, Popcorn Hour (or other NMT based player - iStar, eGreat etc.), or something like the new Western Digital Media Player.

If you need network connectivity then TViX or NMT are the ones. If you just want to play your media from a USB drive the WD will fit the bill.

MT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭Vendetta

Id go for a PS3 to be honest, great media player and u can stream the movies from your PC. Also get bluray if u have a high def tv. If u use TVersity u can convert on the fly if u dont have the right format movies.

Also plays games ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

I have an emprex ME1 Media Player/recorder that i got in maplins.

Bit fiddly to setup at first, but brill for watching laptop files on TV!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Anyone recommend a place to buy the new popcorn hour 110 - I presume it's got to be online - any reputable sites with stock that will deliver here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

pick up an old xbox for around 30-40 and softmod it with xbmc. makes an excellent media player, only downside is it's scart not HDMI, but as all my media is divx doesn't really bother me.

Advertisement