Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A girls signals

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Overheal wrote: »
    Indicators of Interest 101:

-she grabs your crotch or ass

Of course thats hardly exhaustive.

How could you not notice that? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

30ft is a bit far, but 15 is totally doable.

Write "You're fit" on a pint glass and chuck it. Bound to make 30 feet.

With regard to "signals", I have found after years of trying to read them that they are a load of crap at the best of times.

That little way she moves that makes you think she likes you? Yeah, her leg is itchy.

Signals only work within a certain distance of each other, close enough for light touch, where changing the angle of your body towards someone actually means something.

For me, signals come second to initiating contact and this needs to be done on an individual basis.

I have found there is only one rule you can apply to all women.

Treat them as unique individuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

A girl doing a 'come tither' signal is always a sure sign;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

Dord wrote: »

You laugh but when I was younger there was this girl I knew who I thought was absolutely savage but way out of my league. She used to regulary grab me on the ass and I'd fondle hers while she did. For whatever reason I always thought she was just being friendly/nice and I continued on for months blissfully unaware!!

When I think back on how unbelievable dense I was I just can't help but laugh at myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

build confidence by going for "easier" girls, then work your way up the little ladder.
    Only take this advice if you want a reputation as one of the world's biggest *****.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Drift wrote: »
    You laugh but when I was younger there was this girl I knew who I thought was absolutely savage but way out of my league. She used to regulary grab me on the ass and I'd fondle hers while she did. For whatever reason I always thought she was just being friendly/nice and I continued on for months blissfully unaware!!

When I think back on how unbelievable dense I was I just can't help but laugh at myself.

I would like (female) friends like yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

Dudess wrote: »
    Only take this advice if you want a reputation as one of the world's biggest *****.

Not so with his male friend's I assure you;) To be honest though it is kind of difficult to build up a reputation pervasive enough to be known by strangers in a nightclub (which would be his ideal prey).

Dragan wrote: »
    Write "You're fit" on a pint glass and chuck it. Bound to make 30 feet.

And then when she's unconscious make your move right? :D

I would like (female) friends like yours.

Only the one of my female friends, mores the pity!! And as for my male friends - what a useless bunch of wasters that they didn't even spot it and inform me of my biological imperative to act ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Dudess wrote: »

Indeed. Generally speaking the dropping of standards around such things is a bad idea. Besides , what makes an "easy girl"? Someone you deem to be unattractive?

The could still think your a mingbot and turn you down.:pac:
    And then when she's unconscious make your move right? :D

Begby style.

• Advertisement

Only the one of my female friends, mores the pity!! And as for my male friends - what a useless bunch of wasters that they didn't even spot it and inform me of my biological imperative to act ;)

Have you tried grabbing their ass and asking them to reciprocate?

Hellm0 wrote: »
    Have you tried grabbing their ass and asking them to reciprocate?

Grab, slap, fondle, tickle ..... I've tried it all. I just don't know where I'm going wrong. And to make matters even worse I don't think my male friends like it either :(.

Grab, slap, fondle, tickle ..... I've tried it all. I just don't know where I'm going wrong. And to make matters even worse I don't think my male friends like it either :(.

I feel for ya man, some guys just don't know how to party. From personal experience though I do recommend that you take a page from the book of mother nature, perhaps an alluring (possibly seductive?) dance may work?

Ok, back on topic before we see the wrong end of a ban stick!

OP I've found the best sign of a girls interest to me has been the manner in which she laughs when you're chatting to her. I've always found it easy to tell a genuine laugh and if the girl is laughing it's a sign that she's enjoying herself. If a girl is enjoying herself in your company it's a good sign. Obviously it's not a fool proof method because plenty of attached girls will enjoy your company too but usually they'll let you know in their own discrete way. If she's not laughing much or at all she's probably not enjoying herself and hence probably isn't that into you.

By no means a fool proof method. But hopefully it'll be of some help.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭chops1990

It seems people are thinking about it too much. Lads if ya see a girl you like just give her the "signs" your interested in her and dont wait for her to do the same to you, coz lets face it, it doesnt happen much.

I was in Lanzorotte in august as our 6th year holiday. We went balistic on drink every single night and we passed out most nights with the exception of the two heavyweights of the group (I'm a heavyweight drinker now coz its all i do). Anyway, the day after we arrived these scottish girls arrived. One night 3 of us went back to the apartment to get money for the night and we , the panned out for a while on the balcony. The girls shouted from there one to ours aking could they come over, of course we said it was ok and they called over, the rest of our friends came back from town. 5 o them and 5 of us, we all proceeded to get pissed and all kinda paired off. One o the girls kept givin me strong signals, but i was a bit shell shocked and worried about my friend me and an other lad had just brought to the clinic coz he's chest was really sore and his eyes were red (not bloodshot, red). She kept huggin me and rubbin my 2 all over hair. eventually i lied down on a lounger after drinking alot and she came out and lied on top of me on her back, later when everyone seperated from the main group in pairs, she pulled a lounger beside mine and lied down close to me and put a cover over the two of us. We chatted for hours and she kept droppin hints she fancied me. Until eventually she said **** it and leaned over and kissed me for a while, when one o the lads (cock blocking me) came out and said "Oh whats goin on here now" she pulled away and i didnt get anymore chances. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Hellm0 wrote: »
    Not so with his male friend's I assure you;)
    Yeah, there are idiotic laddish types like that all right, but if that describes his peers, well it's not of any relevance seeing as it's females he's trying to attract.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

• When a girl is signalling, the appropriate place to do so is mid ship if the neighbouring vessel is parellel to one's own vessel, or else at the stern or at the bow if the neighbouring vessel is located in that direction.
    • When semophore signalling, be sure to keep clear of any loose rigging and maintain an appropriate distance from any of the crew carrying out their duties.
    • Garments which are loose and are liable to become caught in the rigging when signalling should be fastened or else removed.
    • It is an offense under The Articles of War to engage in signalling if not authorised by a superior officer to do so.

A few tips to aid signalling, and the safe and appropriate procedures to use when signalling.

..............Flag
    ............/
    ........ :)
    Flag___|
    ......... |
    ........ / \

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Curlypinkie

• When a girl is signalling, the appropriate place to do so is mid ship if the neighbouring vessel is parellel to one's own vessel, or else at the stern or at the bow if the neighbouring vessel is located in that direction.
    • When semophore signalling, be sure to keep clear of any loose rigging and maintain an appropriate distance from any of the crew carrying out their duties.
    • Garments which are loose and are liable to become caught in the rigging when signalling should be fastened or else removed.
    • It is an offense under The Articles of War to engage in signalling if not authorised by a superior officer to do so.

A few tips to aid signalling, and the safe and appropriate procedures to use when signalling.

..............Flag
    ............/
    ........ :)
    Flag___|
    ......... |
    ........ / \
    In tears ROFL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭CoachBoone

chops1990 wrote: »
    It seems people are thinking about it too much. Lads if ya see a girl you like just give her the "signs" your interested in her and dont wait for her to do the same to you, coz lets face it, it doesnt happen much.

I was in Lanzorotte in august as our 6th year holiday. We went balistic on drink every single night and we passed out most nights with the exception of the two heavyweights of the group (I'm a heavyweight drinker now coz its all i do). Anyway, the day after we arrived these scottish girls arrived. One night 3 of us went back to the apartment to get money for the night and we , the panned out for a while on the balcony. The girls shouted from there one to ours aking could they come over, of course we said it was ok and they called over, the rest of our friends came back from town. 5 o them and 5 of us, we all proceeded to get pissed and all kinda paired off. One o the girls kept givin me strong signals, but i was a bit shell shocked and worried about my friend me and an other lad had just brought to the clinic coz he's chest was really sore and his eyes were red (not bloodshot, red). She kept huggin me and rubbin my 2 all over hair. eventually i lied down on a lounger after drinking alot and she came out and lied on top of me on her back, later when everyone seperated from the main group in pairs, she pulled a lounger beside mine and lied down close to me and put a cover over the two of us. We chatted for hours and she kept droppin hints she fancied me. Until eventually she said **** it and leaned over and kissed me for a while, when one o the lads (cock blocking me) came out and said "Oh whats goin on here now" she pulled away and i didnt get anymore chances. :D

wat

How does that help the OP? Lovely story and all but I dont think its gonna help the op get over his lack of balls.

I know, OP, become a PUA. Girls love that ****, objectification, generalisation, insulting their intelliegence. There is a thread over on after hours about it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

CoachBoone wrote: »
    wat

How does that help the OP? Lovely story and all but I dont think its gonna help the op get over his lack of balls.

I know, OP, become a PUA. Girls love that ****, objectification, generalisation, insulting their intelliegence. There is a thread over on after hours about it.

And that helps so much more than chops' post. :rolleyes:

This thread is really going nowhere fast, so if it doesn't wander back onto something vaguely approaching the topic at hand I'm gonna close it.

• Advertisement

There's not really that much of a topic, everyone knows what it takes to meet girls but they avoid it-you aren't going to get anywhere without confidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭galwayguy22

Every ****ing thread I start gets closed.

You can close this one too. I'll just become a priest and/or gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Ah, don't be like that. I've sent you an interesting message.

Here it is...

Make sure that you watch the whole thing.

Why do you think being gay would be easier?

I had to sit through that just to see the words "GIRL SIGNALS"?

Why do you think being gay would be easier?

I seem to have, somehow, caught the eye of at least 2 gay fellas.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,509 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Dord wrote: »
    IOI 101 ;)

Its true that gay men are generally more pro-active in letting a guy know they fancy him than wimmin (ime) but if you were gay you'd have to do the same, and thus be back at the start?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Maybe that should tell you something about the quality of the threads you start? Tbh, I really don't know what you were expecting of this one, it was so vague to begin with it couldn't help drifting off into obscurity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

I don't believe in signals...not that they don't exist but that they're always bloody mixed and vague so you're better off showing interest yourself to be honest.
    And in fairness like....no woman has one signal alike.

Advertisement