Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASP.NET - Master Page help

Options
  • 01-12-2008 9:53pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys,
    I have 2 master pages. First one is for the login page, different side bars and that.
    Now if the login is succesful it will then go to another page, which uses another, not totally different masterpage, but I cant use the first.

So what I am asking, is it possible to have a masterpage been called from a contentpage! I cant seem to get it going!!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Not entirely sure what you asking but I do know you can nest masterpages. So maybe nest the ordinary masterpage inside the login masterpage but you may run into problems with javascript like validators etc. There's probably an easier way of doing it.

Could you give me the dummies guide to what you're trying to achieve?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭cmcsoft

If you have to content pages:

Login.aspx
    Home.aspx

for example.

Login.aspx might use Template.Master
    Home.aspx might use Template1.Master

If you just use a redirect from login on success to home than home will appear using the master page which it references at the top of the page. It should work fine

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

cmcsoft wrote: »
    If you have to content pages:

Login.aspx
    Home.aspx

for example.

Login.aspx might use Template.Master
    Home.aspx might use Template1.Master

If you just use a redirect from login on success to home than home will appear using the master page which it references at the top of the page. It should work fine

Is it that simple :o **Goes away to die under the desk**

Thats it exactly, will try that!! Thanks very much.

Advertisement