Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jungle/Drum & Bass

• 01-12-2008 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

Seen as there are already threads on other genres of dance on here at present may as well "keep the ball rolling" probably been posted before but what do people think of Jungle/Drum & Bass?

I wouldn't imagine many would be into it as for some reason Irish clubbers for the most part seem to have a dislike of breakbeats which is why Jungle never got big here like it did in England especally in London, personally i think for the most part it's excellent music, i loved the music but unfortunately in London at Jungle Raves the vibe wasn't always good but the music was excellent, i like a broad range from the jump up stuff to the more mellow sounds of LTJ Bukem, and some of the jazzy stuff is good as well, for a few years i sort of didn't listen to it as much as i did in the mid 1990's but this year ive started listening to a bit of it again and there is some really good stuff around, some of my all time fav Jungle/Drum & Bass tunes are are follows, ill only list 5 otherwise id be here all nite.

Probably my favourite Jungle track ever, this is what got me into the scene, amazing album too!!

Goldie - Innercity Life
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8u7MNG-ug8

Origin Unknown - Valley Of The Shadows
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLbwhm7iaMU

Renegade - Terrorist
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMZqmPhREdY

Nasty Habits - Shadow Boxing
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSeeUsZAJZk

DJ SS - Lighter
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMn5LcOd7l4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

some nice picks there (pretty obvious ones, but great music)

there's plenty of dnb in ireland jonny - here's a few pictures of our second birthday party in the twisted pepper a few weeks back with fabio and equinox and our residents (fabio said it was one of the best gigs he'd done in ages and he bigged us up on his bbc radio 1 show the following week - i wasn't there because i had a gig over in poland unfortunately)

img8410yf0.jpg

img8393co7.jpg

bengacrowd.jpg

dnbcrowd.jpg

there's plenty of life in irish dnb; producers like calibre, beta 2, zero tolerance are pretty much household names in dnb, bassbin, breakin, subtle audio put ireland's dnb sound firmly on the map; there are more hours of legal dnb on dublin fm radio weekly than there are on the bbc (check my show on 106.4FM every wednesday at 21.00 and Class A's show at 22.30 - both repeated from 4am on saturday night)

code from subtle audio just released the first commercially available dj mix by an irish dj in bleeding years... just because you don't read about us in te star or in the metro or wherever, or hear about us in the 99% minimal / techno / tech-house fixated irish media doesn't mean we're not still at it...

same goes for the irish dubstep scene...

here's my november chart anyway:::

hobzee & zyon base - one thousand paper cranes
    seba & krazy - finola (detroit amen) - innerground
    nebula - chords of sorrow - subtle audio
    hobzee and zyon base - rain on lens - samurai
    seba - special operations - combination
    icicle - spartan - shogun audio
    martsman - gordon jumpmeister iii - medschool
    whizz and daze - moody winter - future thinkin
    calibre - you can dance - signature
    chris inperspective - heather's hot waffles - exit
    shy fx - plastic soul (d:bridge ltd remix) - digital soundboy
    ill logic and raf - be free - double zero
    naibu - fireflies ep - horizons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

theres a great tuesday party on in my friends bar about 4 blocks from me.gets all the good d&b djs because its on a tuesday.
    really enjoyable,best one was shy fx.
    different sort of clubber who attends a d&b parties over here,great though.they breakdance and really go for it.
    definitely always recommend it to anyone who comes over.
    i would have thought that albums by pendulum would have thrust it into the public eye a bit more in ireland.

love this craggs and parrelell forces track,love insane

and most of the stuff on hospital is good.
    not too much a fan of the harder stuff but if out it sounds good

check out craggz and parallel forces - "fizzy piglets" - infectious stuf, proper feelgood summertime buzz

hospital have their ups and downs - not a huge fan of most of the stuff they've put out in the last four years or so but they're on the up again after a few bad years imo... new "future sound of cambridge" ep and the new london electricity album are both worth a punt.

if you like hospital you should check out calibre's stuff (he's done a few tunes on hospital but his best work is on signature and soul:r imo)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Is that Angelina Jolie in the first pic wearing the baseball cap? :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

Well it's a d'n'b thread so like jonny i got to big up the KING imho

LTJ Bukem
    -Horizons

This tune is probably my fav comedown track, especially love when the base kicks in.

Heard this tune on a LTJ compilation, MC Conrad in top form - blew me away aswell
    Makoto and MC Conrad - Golden Girl

• Advertisement

bukem was the don back then!!

check the link in my sig for a mix i did a year or two ago of newer atmospheric dnb type bits and pieces

glad good looking seem to be back from the wilderness and putting stuff out again - that last 12" with the furney & conrad "drum tools" tune on it was the fecking TRUTH...

since we're talking bukem, we should mention source direct, photek, and j majik before he lost the plot and started sounding like acrackhead supergluing disco samples to the drummer from def leppard...

j majik - repetoire is one of the finest dnb tunes ever imo

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Is that Angelina Jolie in the first pic wearing the baseball cap? :cool:

yeah - she was trying to adopt ricky force but it all came to naught when she found out he was after growing a beard

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭pallepille

Wouldnt follow that scene myself but dont dislike it at all, actually was in Twisted Pepper friday nite and saw Klute with the 174 djs in the basement, very good gig, downstairs in that club is suited perfect for that sound me thinks, anyways yea stompin nite.....By the way (sorry a bit off topic) anybody think Twisted Pepper has took a major turn for the better since bodytonic took over, its funny coz ive been in the a few times in last while and the mix of people is amazing, youve obviously got the people coming for the gig but without fail there is always a certain amount of the old traffic pretentious poser massive (i reckons they thought they were comin to a funky house gig in the bar hahahaha) makes for an interesting mixture.........Anyway yea respect to the dnb (couldnt listen to it first thing in the morning tho hahaha)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Nativedollx

:D:D:D YES PLEASE :D:D:D

Where is it over here tho???

I miss it........................!!

If anyone knows of any good dnb/jungle nights in Cork it would make me extremely happy... ?! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Would have thought it was pretty healthy over here. Not a massive fan of it but it would listen to the odd track / attend the odd night. Thumbs in the middle I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

jonny68 wrote: »
    I wouldn't imagine many would be into it as for some reason Irish clubbers for the most part seem to have a dislike of breakbeats which is why Jungle never got big here

Wouldnt expect a much more knowlegable opinion from someone whos music of choice is house to be honest but dnb is well and truly alive in dublin ;)
    pallepille wrote: »
    Anyway yea respect to the dnb (couldnt listen to it first thing in the morning tho hahaha)

i rarely listen to much else in the morning hehehe

to name but a few of my fave dnb producers (hate tryin to think of names but here is a list i came up with for a diff forum recently)

marcus intalex,
    klute,
    seba,
    goldie,
    ed rush and optical,
    doc scott,
    calibre,
    zero tolerence,
    breakage,
    commix,
    martsman,
    st files,
    london elektricity,
    logistics,
    raf,
    nebula,
    break,
    calyx,
    ltj bukem,
    peshay,
    pfm,
    blame,
    zyon base.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Bit of good aul grooverider and fabio

Wouldnt expect a much more knowlegable opinion from someone whos music of choice is house to be honest but dnb is well and truly alive in dublin ;)

to name but a few of my fave dnb producers (hate tryin to think of names but here is a list i came up with for a diff forum recently)

marcus intalex,
    klute,
    seba,
    goldie,
    ed rush and optical,
    doc scott,
    calibre,
    zero tolerence,
    breakage,
    commix,
    martsman,
    st files,
    london elektricity,
    logistics,
    raf,
    nebula,
    break,
    calyx,
    ltj bukem,
    peshay,
    pfm,
    blame,
    zyon base.

That's more like it!! :D:D and yeh there's nothing better than a bit of dnb in the morning to get the blood warm... ;)

marcus intalex,
    klute,
    seba,
    goldie,
    ed rush and optical,
    doc scott,
    calibre,
    zero tolerence,
    breakage,
    commix,
    martsman,
    st files,
    london elektricity,
    logistics,
    raf,
    nebula,
    break,
    calyx,
    ltj bukem,
    peshay,
    pfm,
    blame,
    zyon base.

do i know you? do you mix, more to the point, because that's a seriously nice selection of names there - pm me a link to a mix if you want a guest slot on radio na life

pallepille wrote: »
    By the way (sorry a bit off topic) anybody think Twisted Pepper has took a major turn for the better since bodytonic took over?

in a word - yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I met Naked Lepper before @ Sibin Festival sound bloke;)

Tyranny it's good to see D & B is alive in Dublin although compared to the other genres it's still very underground but that's not a bad thing IMO.

do i know you? do you mix, more to the point, because that's a seriously nice selection of names there - pm me a link to a mix if you want a guest slot on radio na life

aye steve, tis bren / tonsillitis here (undercover!)

get a new mix up for your virb site tho and post it

when i move to a new house next month ill be able to unpack my decks and will get my debut mix ready for the web, have a few already but dont wana upload anything that im not happy with myself

jonny68 wrote: »
    I met Naked Lepper before @ Sibin Festival sound bloke;)

Tyranny it's good to see D & B is alive in Dublin although compared to the other genres it's still very underground but that's not a bad thing IMO.

well there's plenty of people in to it, bassbin nights used to be always packed, it's just taken a while for people to fill the vacuum that arose when rohan left dublin, closing down the only record shop that sold dnb in the process and closing down a weekly night that had been running for the guts of ten years...

imagine abbey discs, spirit, wax, spindizzy and the pod had all closed in the space of a year - you'd be hard pressed to find a house / trance / techno night even though there would be plenty of heads well into it still...

another quirk of irish dnb is that pretty much all the promoters have pretty strong ideas about music, and uniformly loathe a large chunk of the mainstream top 40 UK dnb - chemical and redeye post up their annual record sales charts every christmas and the irish ones always elicit cries of admiration from overseas nerds... however, people expecting to go out and hear the muck that the likes of hype and grooverider have been peddling for the last ten years tend to get momentarily disappointed...

aye steve, tis bren / tonsillitis here (undercover!)

get a new mix up for your virb site tho and post it

when i move to a new house next month ill be able to unpack my decks and will get my debut mix ready for the web, have a few already but dont wana upload anything that im not happy with myself

aaaah... steve gains a level!!!

holler when it's done mate!

I can only speak for Cork (and i am new to it and Ireland so maybe i can be proved wrong), but i am actually outraged at the lack of dnb/jungle. Something has to be done :confused: i'm onto it...

Is the fact that people just don't know of it or don't appreciate it??

spread some light for i am rather confused haha :D

• Advertisement

I can only speak for Cork (and i am new to it and Ireland so maybe i can be proved wrong), but i am actually outraged at the lack of dnb/jungle. Something has to be done :confused: i'm onto it...

Is the fact that people just don't know of it or don't appreciate it??

spread some light for i am rather confused haha :D

there is plenty, most of it is in dublin though but theres the nu killa crew who have nights in limerick check www.irishdrumandbass.com for everything u need to know

and to steve nice one i will definitely get something over to you in a month or two!

there is plenty, most of it is in dublin though but theres the nu killa crew who have nights in limerick check www.irishdrumandbass.com for everything u need to know

and to steve nice one i will definitely get something over to you in a month or two!

cheers for the link :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

I listened to that show on 106.4 a fair few times I'd recommend it to anyone else who wants to hear a few new tunes who doesn't have a massive dnb collection like myself.

Yeah bassbi used to be savage, some deadly nights in Metropolitan before they changed the music policy. Few nights in Legal Eagle but don't like that place too much.

Think I could have went back to a party in your gaf tranny with a load of people after legal eagle.
    U DJ Syringe???

Was a long time ago at this stage...

Keith186 wrote: »
    I listened to that show on 106.4 a fair few times I'd recommend it to anyone else who wants to hear a few new tunes who doesn't have a massive dnb collection like myself.

Yeah bassbi used to be savage, some deadly nights in Metropolitan before they changed the music policy. Few nights in Legal Eagle but don't like that place too much.

Think I could have went back to a party in your gaf tranny with a load of people after legal eagle.
    U DJ Syringe???

:D

Keith186 wrote: »

U DJ Syringe???

easy dude - i'm executive steve, but i know syringe well! he's over in australia at the moment, he's on his way back to ireland to get married in a few weeks and then he'll probably bugger off down under again!

those sessions in the legal eagle a few years back were always great craic though!

few big gigs coming up in dublin in the next few weeks by the way;

thursday dec 4th - stasis christmas bash; electronica, dubstep and dnb, finishing off with ricky force b2b bonz

friday the 5th - the qemists @ thinktank (formerly the hub)

friday the 12th - REACH christmas party in the twisted pepper; a cast of thousands - dnb, dubstep, whatever everyone turns up with on one of the finest club systems in the capital

saturday the 13th - AMIT in mcgruders

friday the 23rd - 174 christmas party

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

I don't have much time for d'n'b. Most of it is pretty stale and hasn't really gone anywhere since 96/97. There are only a few d'n'b producers I like

Panacea
    Limewax
    LXC
    Amboss (d'n'b/breakcore)

I'm not the biggest fan of old school jungle either but I do like the ragga-jungle that has been coming out of North America since about 2000 or so. Artists like

Tester
    Debaser
    The Archangel
    Soundmurderer and SK-1
    Krinjah
    KGB Kid

etc..

penexpers wrote: »
    I don't have much time for d'n'b. Most of it is pretty stale and hasn't really gone anywhere since 96/97. There are only a few d'n'b producers I like

Panacea
    Limewax
    LXC
    Amboss (d'n'b/breakcore)

I'm not the biggest fan of old school jungle either but I do like the ragga-jungle that has been coming out of North America since about 2000 or so. Artists like

Tester
    Debaser
    The Archangel
    Soundmurderer and SK-1
    Krinjah
    KGB Kid

etc..

in the former category you should check out current value

in the latter category you should check out Sum One and the entire NSF / Dubplatelet crew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

I have a good few of SumOnes releases but his sound is too d'n'b influenced sometimes. His best release was the ep on sprengstoff.

Not heard of Current Value will check them out.

penexpers wrote: »

Panacea
    Limewax
    LXC
    Amboss (d'n'b/breakcore)

Tester
    Debaser
    The Archangel
    Soundmurderer and SK-1
    Krinjah
    KGB Kid

etc..

wack post all round

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Anyone heard 2 Live Crew rapper Luke's album In the Nude?
    This guy was doing drum and bass before anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭yummycake

I only stuff i listen to/have heard of are

Decoder
    Technical Itch
    Ed Rush and Optical
    Diesel Boy
    Teebee
    Photek
    Evol Intent
    RAM Trilogy
    and I love... Black Sun Empire

What am I missing??? :P

wack post all round
    I'm not really home with the downies anymore. Does that mean it's good or bad?

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I'm not really home with the downies anymore. Does that mean it's good or bad?

ya need to check out some fresh drum n bass mate!

a good start might be any of the marcus intalex solution radio podcasts that he done for red bull music academy, search google and youll get one, theres around 8 or 9 so far...

dont know if youre into electronic music anymore since your 1996 jungle phase but if you are then you should appreciate it ;)

ya need to check out some fresh drum n bass mate!

a good start might be any of the marcus intalex solution radio podcasts that he done for red bull music academy, search google and youll get one, theres around 8 or 9 so far...

dont know if youre into electronic music anymore since your 1996 jungle phase but if you are then you should appreciate it ;)
    I'm even more confused now. :confused: I was just asking what you meant by wack

And my 1996 jungle phase? Huh?

adjective / verb

wack

1. Negative: crazy or weird. Mostly this is meant (Alternate form of "weak," i.e. uncool.)

2. Rubbish/Not cool: "That **** is wack"

• Advertisement

Fo shizzle

had a feeling that you were secretlly 'down with the homies' mang

payce

yummycake wrote: »
    I only stuff i listen to/have heard of are

Decoder
    Technical Itch
    Ed Rush and Optical
    Diesel Boy
    Teebee
    Photek
    Evol Intent
    RAM Trilogy
    and I love... Black Sun Empire

What am I missing??? :P

well if it's that techy, pacey stuff you like then you should definitely check out noisia - get their fabric live mix

other newschool tech heads are:

phace
    break
    misanthrop
    cause for concern
    pyro

here's a link to a free german dnb netlabel called t-free
    on 1228401425:
    T-FREE is a free 320 kbps mp3 netlabel for technoid Drum & Bass.

Homepage: http://www.tilt-recordings.com/t-free
    (artist myspace links, release info, label info etc)

Podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/t-free

Releases so far (November 2008 - new releases follow below in the thread):
    T-FREE052: Valevo - Frag
    T-FREE051: ADAM Power - Isolation
    T-FREE050: Zardonic - Relentless Beating
    T-FREE049: LSD - Uziel
    T-FREE048: Gravity Zero - Where Is Here
    T-FREE047: SFS - Techno B
    T-FREE046: Destination Unknown - Killing Fields
    T-FREE045: Asphexia - Predeath
    T-FREE044: kr4y - Jerk
    T-FREE043: Stereotype - Victory Or Death
    T-FREE042: Violentbreakz - Exekutive
    T-FREE041: Kaiza feat. amex - PsyKo
    T-FREE040: Isotop + Shots - Burning Identity
    T-FREE039: Phony + Lean - Militant Mutants
    T-FREE038: Phony - Gravity
    T-FREE037: Histibe - Microcosmos
    T-FREE036: Tenebra - Dominatrix
    T-FREE035: CJ Weaver - Steel
    T-FREE034: Maztek - Technologic
    T-FREE033: NeuralNoise - The Room
    T-FREE032: Tamas + Violent Skillz - Internal Fear
    T-FREE030: Matt Domino - Wound Circus
    T-FREE029: Pylon feat. Yabol + Structural - Machinery Crossing
    T-FREE028: Dementia + NME Click - Appendix
    T-FREE027: Spinor - Combustion
    T-FREE026: Mocks - Cycle23
    T-FREE025: Walder - Thalleo
    T-FREE024: Matt Domino - The Infernal
    T-FREE023: Bowser - Zerhirner
    T-FREE022: Atom - Medetina
    T-FREE021: amex + Kaiza - Team
    T-FREE020: Soccom - Supernatural
    T-FREE019: Zardonic - Driveburner
    T-FREE018: Subrai - Deranged
    T-FREE017: Spherix + Bantom - Past Tense
    T-FREE016: WaveCut - No War
    T-FREE015: Pbasiq - Hesitate
    T-FREE014: Malsum - Silk
    T-FREE013: Salamandra - Australian (Fading Suns RMX)
    T-FREE012: Budoka - Invisible Killer
    T-FREE011: amex + Kaiza - Schlontz (Der General)
    T-FREE010: Azrael - Breach
    T-FREE009: D-Struct - Out Patient
    T-FREE008: Mind + Xeno + Error - Abandon
    T-FREE007: Flame - Toys On The Moon
    T-FREE006: Destination Unknown + Implex - Mechanical Heroes
    T-FREE005: Budoka - Morphball
    T-FREE004: amex - Egoschwein (amex + Kaiza RMX)
    T-FREE003: Sniper - Kisum
    T-FREE002: amex + Sniper - Electrohorse
    T-FREE001: amex - Egoschwein
    T-FREE-3EP027: Syneptic - Blood / Violera / Black Hole
    T-FREE-3EP026: Acid_Lab + Scale - Fade Away / Acid_Lab - Dominator / Acid_Lab - Hardwired
    T-FREE-3EP025: Cyclone - Let's Get Ill / Turning Science / Arcanoid
    T-FREE-3EP024: Zardonic - Braindrainer / Reliquia / Acid Industries
    T-FREE-3EP023: Budoka - On The Run / Soular / Broken Arrow
    T-FREE-3EP022: Budoka - Sick Boy / Odyssee 10000 / Renegade Guitarz
    T-FREE-3EP021: Budoka - The Unseen / Whiplash / Budo Fist Style
    T-FREE-3EP020: kRoNe - Cosmik Life / Red Moon / Electrical Storm
    T-FREE-3EP019: Insecticide - Ladehemmungen / Insecticide + Cut - End Of Stalker / Destination Unknown + Insecticide - Boulderdash
    T-FREE-3EP018: Tenebra (aka Flame + Lex) - Phantoms / Flame + XZ32 + Atom - Breakbone (Flame VIP) / Flame + XZ32 - The Shield
    T-FREE-3EP017: amex + Kaiza - "Shrinz (Typecell RMX / Johannes Ahlberg RMX 1 / RMX 2)
    T-FREE-3EP016: amex + Kaiza - "Shrinz (D-Struct RMX / Hi-Lar RMX / Zardonic RMX)
    T-FREE-3EP015: amex + Kaiza - "Shrinz (Testone RMX / Malsum RMX / Flame RMX)
    T-FREE-3EP014: Azrael - I Sul / Suolile / Fission" 2006
    T-FREE-3EP013: Pyro - Cyborg Assasin / Elektrik / Energy
    T-FREE-3EP012: Pyro - Transcendence / 4 Corners / Photon Storm
    T-FREE-3EP011: Pyro - Crossworld / Antimatter / The Outer Rings"
    T-FREE-3EP010: Hidden Lab - Waypoint / Leaving / Materia - Cordless
    T-FREE-3EP009: MRX - Tune1 / Tune2 / Tune3
    T-FREE-3EP008: Typecell - Marterials / Consequence / Typecell feat. Kaerry - Intensity
    T-FREE-3EP007: Paranoise Optimal - Narcoleptic / Porn Heat / Subway
    T-FREE-3EP006: Destination Unknown - Coordinates / No Escape" VIP / Never Forget
    T-FREE-3EP005: Azrael - Fission / Projection / Viral
    T-FREE-3EP004: Hi-Lar - Prod 056 [Thundergrowl / Next Wave / Prod 089 [Killswitch
    T-FREE-3EP003: amex - Clavinov / Good Guy / shyzomax - Urlust
    T-FREE-3EP002: amex - Dystopia / Highhead (RMX) / Phraser (DNB-Mix)
    T-FREE-3EP003: amex - Highhead / Laufband / Sein

had a feeling that you were secretlly 'down with the homies' mang

payce

personally i'm more at home with the downies tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭yummycake

[cm]tyranny - wooo cheers i'll check them out when i get a chance :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Just thinking there that spiral tribe are kind of in this genre.
    There stuff was mental though ,acid spinning monkey sounds .........:eek::pac:

sorry mate, you wouldn't really put spiral tribe in a thread like this at all really - totally different culture... spiral tribe were always much more of a free party techno organisation - bloody crusties basically.

although in fairness optical did start off as a spiral tribe dj and was their label manager for a good old while...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭deathronan

myspace.com/thehandlessorganists

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Code

deathronan wrote: »

myspace.com/thehandlessorganists

:D

Finally getting around to downloading the demo zip we linked me to !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Code

needless to say I LOVE D&B ...

well, some of it - but the stuff that's good is really really good !

I'd recommend people checking out producers like

Equinox

Nebula

Dissident

Martsman

ASC

Fanu

Macc

for a start

there's loads more too, and of course, there's a whole 15 years of history or more to go back on if the newest stuff doesn't cut it for ya.

Here's a link to an hour long mix I did on Spin South West FM, it rounds up the best Drum & Bass of 2008 (in my opinion) - only an hour long, so give it a listen and you might hear something you like :

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=185707300&blogID=460171245

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Progger

Advertisement