Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What Would You Think Of Someone Who Drove This?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,455 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

S600 badge = FAIL
    dynamick wrote: »
    I bought a '93 W140 two years ago for 3K. It's a very comfortable car. Very quiet. Big fat tyres and suspension absorb a lot. I don't know why anyone would put low profiles on it. That's not the idea of this car. Biggest cost for me has been the tax. (I do low mileage).

I have an S320. I might get an S500 or S600 as it wouldn't cost much more and I now know what stuff goes wrong with these cars.

And welcome to boards, dynamick!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

qz wrote: »
    Not much.
    +1
    Anyone remember seeing this when it was for sale? It really was a drug dealers car at it's finest.
    http://cars.rte.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=1213262
    Photos no worky!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭maidhc

unkel wrote: »
    S600 badge = FAIL

especially when it is only a SWB!

They are a lovely car, but god help you if anything goes wrong (and I don't think they are all that durable!)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

ninty9er wrote: »
    +1

Photos no worky!

I know that's the thing, i was wondering did anyone remember it. A disgrace of a car. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

dynamick wrote: »
    I now know what stuff goes wrong with these cars.

what goes wrong in them at that age, out of curiosity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭waxon-waxoff

Probably someone from Poland drives that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

A person who sells drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭ji

put on standard wheels and take off tints and it'd be ok imo

• Registered Users Posts: 65,455 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Even though there are no pics working in your link, I remember it, Limerick-man!

Didn't it have bling-bling alloys? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Man, if you don't have it, don't put the badge on it! Nice car, even if you dropped the tint it would clean its image up a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

polish lad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

figs86 wrote: »
    Wants people to think he's a drug dealer/gang member but is afraid that mammy might kick him out if she heard her 34 year old son was parking in LIDL with 19 year olds in their modified cars every night
    edit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

That car looked like something a government minister / EU diplomat might have been chauffeurd around in, before those wheels where put on. I'll go with a pikey though. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Beaucoupfish

I'd drive it but i do like older Mercs & I have no taste. It would be grand on the inside and they are getting cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Taken in Blanch SC by the look of it? Loads of those type of cars around there.. mostly foreign regged though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Polish?

The amount of german cars with bling alloys and blacked out windows on polish plates.....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

unkel wrote: »
    Even though there are no pics working in your link, I remember it, Limerick-man!

Didn't it have bling-bling alloys? :D

Aye that be her alright! F3cking yoke, i didn't buy it i swear;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

Russian Mafia.............

but maybe ten years ago I was thinking.....

Henri Paul.............

the ultimate curse of being in an S Class W 140.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭dynamick

quarryman wrote: »
    what goes wrong in them at that age, out of curiosity?
    so far... Track rod ends deform under the weight of the car. Oil leaks. Window regulators (front and rear) have a plastic part that breaks under the wieght of the double-glazed windows. Replacement regs are metal.
    AC evaporator can leak.

Got the parts on ebay and got a merc dealer mechanic to fit them as nixers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Polish?

The amount of german cars with bling alloys and blacked out windows on polish plates.....

thats what the first thought was as well , Romanian seller next thought

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Have we mentioned all Eastern European countries now ?:D

Anybody feel left out ?

Moldovans maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

peasant wrote: »
    Have we mentioned all Eastern European countries now ?:D

Anybody feel left out ?

Moldovans maybe?

Dublin ?

oh, sorry, they just think it's a country of it's own....:rolleyes: :p

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement