Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help! Buying an xbox, confused!

• 01-12-2008 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I want to get my boyfriend an xbox for xmas but I'm confused. Theres a deal in xtra vision for the xbox360 arcade and fifa 09. But..... people tell me the arcade one is useless because it cant go online? Is this true? Is it a waste to get this one? Kind of on a budget but would stretch to the 239E for the one that goes online if the arcade one is rubbish! Help!!!! dont really care about the games but I'd say fifa would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭the_god_swan

cheese2008 wrote: »
    I want to get my boyfriend an xbox for xmas but I'm confused. Theres a deal in xtra vision for the xbox360 arcade and fifa 09. But..... people tell me the arcade one is useless because it cant go online? Is this true? Is it a waste to get this one? Kind of on a budget but would stretch to the 239E for the one that goes online if the arcade one is rubbish! Help!!!! dont really care about the games but I'd say fifa would be appreciated!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055427421

A similar situation in this thread. But the jist is the Pro version (ie. includes the 20g harddrive) would give your boyfriend the ability to download game demos online etc and generally get more out of the xbox 360. Im not too up on what shops are doing the best deals but id say the are all fairly the same, the only difference being the games included.

Just google xtra-vision here:
    http://www.xtravision.ie/xvList.asp?actn=nr&tp=g&pn=1
    If i were you id ask if you could change the game 'UnderCover' for Fifa. A pack like that would make you a popular lass on xmas morning...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

Arcade goes online to . Just don't get an ethernet cable in the box. But can get them dirt cheap. All 360's do the same thing. Arcade just comes with a 256mb card and no HD leads, instead of a hard drive, and component leads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

ROC1977 wrote: »
    Arcade goes online to . Just don't get an ethernet cable in the box. But can get them dirt cheap. All 360's do the same thing. Arcade just comes with a 256mb card and no HD leads, instead of a hard drive, and component leads.

The Arcade will go online but he'll be able to download almost nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

downloading is only secondary. The reason most people go on live is to play multiplayer. Yes you are limited to what you can download, but you can still play multiplayer.
    To say you can't go online with an arcade model isn't true.

Advertisement