Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Memory usage of a process?

• 01-12-2008 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭

My PC in work generally runs fine but every so often it will get sluggish for about 10 minutes - taking ~10 seconds to change windows or to type out characters if I'm trying to write something.

I've checked Taskmanager when this happens and one of the svchost.exe processes is increasing the amount of memory it's using, from ~30k to ~270k. Went in to DOS and ran tasklist /svc and that process has about 10-15 services attached to it.

I'd like to know which of those services is the one that's running amuck. From doing some googling it looks like I could check this out by using Process Explorer. The problem is I don't have admin rights on this machine.

Does anyone know of another way to find this out? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭keystone

If its a work machine, contact your IT Department.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Yeah have done twice and it gets passed on to second level and closed off without being resolved which is why I want to have as much info as I can get before reporting again.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

you can run procexp without admin rights but you won't see other users processes

AV scans in background ?

check scheduled tasks

Advertisement