Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping in Newry

Options
  • 02-12-2008 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hello every1

Myself and 2 friends are travelling to Newry on Wednesday for Xmas shopping - tryin to find a few bargains for pressies for ourselves! I have seen a few previous comments sayin that The Quays and Buttercrane are best shopping centres but these were dated in Jan so i would like to kno if anyone has any advice etc.

Thank you!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

valpuk wrote: »
    Hello every1

Myself and 2 friends are travelling to Newry on Wednesday for Xmas shopping - tryin to find a few bargains for pressies for ourselves! I have seen a few previous comments sayin that The Quays and Buttercrane are best shopping centres but these were dated in Jan so i would like to kno if anyone has any advice etc.

Thank you!

Don't know what you mean here. I'd only go to the quays or the buttercrane personally, if you get around the 2 of them with the crowds that'll be there you'll have done well. I'd also park at one of the centres and leave the car there, it's only across the road and parking spaces will be at a minimum.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Don't know what you mean here. I'd only go to the quays or the buttercrane personally, if you get around the 2 of them with the crowds that'll be there you'll have done well. I'd also park at one of the centres and leave the car there, it's only across the road and parking spaces will be at a minimum.

Dont forget to get there early! Us southerns seem to love "paying Her Majesty's taxes"

With Vat at 15% (compared to 21.5%) and sterling Plummeting towards Paraity with the euro, can you really blame us?

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭okmqaz42

10 minutes further out the road in Banbridge is a big outlet mall. lots of clothes shops and the like.

Advertisement