Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the reason you (still) watch?

2»

Comments

There was even a cruiserweight tag team title :pac:
    Can't say much about their World title picture though.

Cruiserweight's is all WCW had going for them at the time . I still watched the show though. WWE right now has nothing to offer .

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Sorry i'm with rovert here on this one, once Hogan was out of the picture and Russo was shown the door, WCW was more than watchable. Sin and Greed were pretty decent PPVs as well.

It was piss poorly managed prior to all of this, but WCW as far as TV programming was concerned was on the same level as RAW from December 00 to March 01, but the damage was already done and there was f*ck all that could save it.

So what was worse WWE or WCW back then ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Cruiserweight's is all WCW had going for them at the time.

I disagree they had a pretty talent roster some of who were finally gaining traction under the new regime.
    I still watched the show though. WWE right now has nothing to offer .

Totally ludacous I mean come on. Do want me to start naming names?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

So what was worse WWE or WCW back then ?

Back then, WCW, but not due to the lack of talent, but moreso to the lack of management in years prior to it going under. The talent TRIED to keep it afloat, but a business without a businessman is like sitting in a car without petrol. It'll look good for a while, but after a short period of time, people just laugh at you, asking how the hell you could keep up the front for so long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Back then, WCW, but not due to the lack of talent, but moreso to the lack of management in years prior to it going under. The talent TRIED to keep it afloat, but a business without a businessman is like sitting in a car without petrol. It'll look good for a while, but after a short period of time, people just laugh at you, asking how the hell you could keep up the front for so long.

I thought WCW's problem was they never stuck with and angle and gave away too much on T.V. while letting the talent control too much

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I thought WCW's problem was they never stuck with and angle and gave away too much on T.V. while letting the talent control too much

We are talking about late 2000/early 2001 most of that was under control at that stage. As:
    Dont watch WWE anymore as the product is terrible. It has become what WCW was just before it went bust . Actually its alot worse then that. Characters lack realism. Its a show based on selling tshirts action figures even they clothes off the wrestlers backs . I agree that making money is essential to keep the business going , but WWE have sold out the belt now making it spin .
    The titles mean nothing anymore. Feuds are predictable . The roster is poor. They like to call it the WWE family yet they sack people every year.
    Its just a poor product that they have its aimed at kids. If i was 12 maybe i would like it . But its not about wrestling or wrestlers. Its about making movies and Superstar's .
    Vince is trying to live up to his dream of taking the ring out of wrestling .

Very little of this been backed up despite prompting.

Bubs101 wrote: »

That was a big contributor as well, especially with the inmates running the asylum, however a lot of that wasn't happening in WCW's dying days. Had WCW not run out of time, i'm pretty sure they would have been able to get back into shape.

But that was one cat that used all it's nine lives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I find it fun and it passes the time when I feel under pressure through work or whatever. I know its not popular in the mainstream but **** it I adore cricket and obscurish electro music so I dont mind liking things that are not deemed socially acceptable these days. The present WWE product while far from flawless can still be ok, I enjoy watching Edge, Orton, Jericho, HBK and Morrison and a few other midcarders (MVP., Bourne and Kendrick) and seeing as nearly one of them is on every tv show, I am never 100% disapointed. I watch it all on dailymotion as my current gaff does not have sky anyways, so I dont have to set my clock by it.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    I know its not popular in the mainstream but **** it I adore cricket and obscurish electro music so I dont mind liking things that are not deemed socially acceptable these days.

William Orbit - Strange Cargo III, fetch fido, fetch!

For me, it's not a case that wrestling isn't deemed socially acceptable, it never was for as long as i've been watching. But lately it just bores me to tears. I watch now out of force of habit, and thats now on a PPV to PPV basis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭rvd156

I find it to be still entertaining on some levels (WWE I'm on about)...

And as someone said earlier once the Rumble hits and we are on the road to wrestlemania that's when it all seems to fall back into place...

Once wrestlemania hits my TV screen live I get friggin goosebumps!! The fireworks the whole thing just looks and feels great...

It's hard to keep that feeling the whole year round so yeah I know it gets crap at times but I still think it's a well produced product with some good talent!!

rvd156 wrote: »
    I still think it's a well produced product with some good talent!!

This is pretty much my view. Raw has improved a lot in the last two weeks in how they built up strong babyfaces and heels.
    For me, it's not a case that wrestling isn't deemed socially acceptable, it never was for as long as i've been watching. But lately it just bores me to tears. I watch now out of force of habit, and thats now on a PPV to PPV basis.

I thought you were back watching the TV shows well you were last week :p

rovert wrote: »
    I thought you were back watching the TV shows well you were last week :p

No, i said there's a reason for watching Smackdown (referring to Edge's comeback), but i haven't started yet as The Damned gig was on Friday night, so i was out enjoying it and getting mighty tanked in the process! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

No, i said there's a reason for watching Smackdown (referring to Edge's comeback), but i haven't started yet as The Damned gig was on Friday night, so i was out enjoying it and getting mighty tanked in the process! :D

Whoever has Shawn in the Kris Kindle this year take note - he's needs Sky Plus! (Or at worst, a recession busting VHR from Lidl :D )

Once wrestlemania hits my TV screen live I get friggin goosebumps!! The fireworks the whole thing just looks and feels great...

I dont get that anymore . If i am going to watch any WWE PPV it would be Mania, but at that , i am in 2 minds on weather or not i will watch it. Saying that i am glad i saw it last year. I like the idea of wrestlemania being out doors .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Simple enough question what or who keeps you still watching Pro Wrestling (after all these years)? considering the amount of negativity we usually hear about shows, angles, wrestler, creative etc what is it you are still enjoying enough to sometimes sit through what you often criticise?

Kane

• Advertisement

You missed a really decent match between Kozlov v Matt (seriously), I'l send you the link later no doubt you will be dying to see it:D

D-FENS wrote: »
    Whoever has Shawn in the Kris Kindle this year take note - he's needs Sky Plus! (Or at worst, a recession busting VHR from Lidl :D )

Got an NTL box and a 160GB DVD recorder. Just never set the timer.

You missed a really decent match between Kozlov v Matt (seriously), I'l send you the link later no doubt you will be dying to see it:D

Oh no thanks, seriously. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I follow it at a distance at this stage. If I half a spare minute and I flick through the channels, I might watch it for a bit.

I don't think it's necessarily all an age thing for me although obviously I'm more critical at age 23 than when I was 13. For me, the biggest problem is that nothing in terms of wins and loses seems important and I need that as a fan.

Oh no thanks, seriously. :)

When he says match he means a game of chasing

• Advertisement

For me, the biggest problem is that nothing in terms of wins and loses seems important and I need that as a fan.

Yeah i really miss the days were wrestler's wouldnt job to other wrestlers. Wrestlers going 3 years without loosing :)

Yeah i really miss the days were wrestler's wouldnt job to other wrestlers. Wrestlers going 3 years without loosing :)

They were like you dodging questions

Yeah i really miss the days were wrestler's wouldnt job to other wrestlers.

*muffle*Bret*cough**splutter*

He just wouldn't lose in montreal....:D:D

NOT!!

He just wouldn't lose in montreal....:D:D

NOT!!

Ok

HAHA dont even start with that one . Although it would get me watching again . We need a real feud like that again in the WWE . The Edge Mat Hardy thing went nowere :(

Ok

Sorry

When he says match he means a game of chasing

That was the point though, the match had an actual storyline and Kozlov actually looked good in it. Its not a classic but crikey on a show that is dominated by squash matches it was a nice surprise.

HAHA dont even start with that one . Although it would get me watching again . We need a real feud like that again in the WWE . The Edge Mat Hardy thing went nowere :(

Matt Hardy needs a name change to Door Matt!
    Hopefully they'll do a better jobe with Edge and Jeff, y'know, the talented Hardy? :D

Sorry

Just what you wrote is wrong.
    That was the point though, the match had an actual storyline and Kozlov actually looked good in it. Its not a classic but crikey on a show that is dominated by squash matches it was a nice surprise.

I know was the point, Im only joking it was a smartly worked match by Matt.

• Advertisement

Like I said I apologise.

Like I said I apologise.

So you should, it is the most written about and discussed topic probably in Wrestling.

Matt Hardy needs a name change to Door Matt!
    Hopefully they'll do a better jobe with Edge and Jeff, y'know, the talented Hardy? :D

Yeah the problem is there the feud would have to be a week long otherwise Jeff would fail the drug tests and get suspended again .

But i like were your going with Matt

Door Matt
    Mouse Matt
    Beer Matt
    Hardy har har

So you should, it is the most written about and discussed topic probably in Wrestling.

Yeah I know....I think I phrased it wrong....:rolleyes:

Yeah the problem is there the feud would have to be a week long otherwise Jeff would fail the drug tests and get suspended again .

That one wore out it's welcome a year ago.

I know was the point, Im only joking it was a smartly worked match by Matt.

Ah cheers. Smackdown is puzzling you look at the talent and it could be a great show. You have Edge, Jeff, Hunter, Taker, MVP,Mizorrison (they guest all the time) Kendrick,Show, Umaga, Helms and Kennedy to name a few but most times it always does disapoint.

That one wore out it's welcome a year ago.

Sorry i dont live with you . So i wouldnt know .

Ah cheers. Smackdown is puzzling you look at the talent and it could be a great show. You have Edge, Jeff, Hunter, Taker, MVP,Mizorrison (they guest all the time) Kendrick,Show, Umaga, Helms and Kennedy to name a few but most times it always does disapoint.

Post Rawitis for the crew?

Post Rawitis for the crew?

How do you mean ?(all nighter so even more dumb than normal today!) :confused:

• Advertisement

Sorry i dont live with you . So i wouldnt know .

Am i the only one here who didn't get what this guy meant? Or am i just being slow today?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Team 3D are just going to turn on Front Line at PPV instead. :pac:

Actually I think Rhino will. He is a former World champ. I'd like to see him in Main Event Mafia :D

Actually I think Rhino will. He is a former World champ. I'd like to see him in Main Event Mafia :D

Yeah thats the twist i thought off too. ECW's last ever Champion .

Yeah thats the twist i thought off too. ECW's last ever Champion .

Did that title ever really mean anything in pro wrestling though? Seriously?! It was a glorified backyarders trophy!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

He was TNA champ too

EDIT: NWA-TNA champ :rolleyes:

Am i the only one here who didn't get what this guy meant? Or am i just being slow today?

Id ask him but he does seem to respond to questions.
    Did that title ever really mean anything in pro wrestling though? Seriously?! It was a glorified backyarders trophy!

Im with you on that. Im dont see him in a suit either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Team 3D are just going to turn on Front Line at PPV instead. :pac:

Main event mafia?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

I thought that too but maybe its so obvious that it won't actually happen. Can't see Team 3-D turning at the PPV because the "Originals" need some big names other than AJ and Joe to make them seem like credible opponents. Anyone know if there are any plans to bring Christopher Daniels back? This would have been the perfect opportunity as he has been there a long time and Curry Man aint been used since this whole thing started.

I thought that too but maybe its so obvious that it won't actually happen. Can't see Team 3-D turning at the PPV because the "Originals" need some big names other than AJ and Joe to make them seem like credible opponents

Every hear of a SWervE? Russo likes em

Advertisement