Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone go into the Library in UL?

• 02-12-2008 12:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭

My friends daughter is a student in UCD and has a week off college. She has an essay due on Friday and needs to get some books on pyschology. However she is back home in Clare for the week and very stuck. Is it possible for her to go into the Library in UL and read/photocopy from books there? I used to go to Mary I and they have installed system where only those with ID cards can get into the library, is this the case in UL?

Sorry if this has been asked before. She is only young and freaking out a bit.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

It shouldnt be a problem for her to go in and use the library.

The only thing is, is that it is an unfortunate time to be trying to use the UL library as exams start next week and it will be packed.

I dont think she would have problems getting into the library, and she should be able to read books no problem [pending availability die to exams being around the corner] and you can purchase photocopy cards in the library, so that should benefit her too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭velocirafter

well there is a security guard at the entrance but i think they only check for ul id's on sundays(no idea why) so she should be able to get in no problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Thats great- thanks a million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Swindon

So its open this sunday so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭cson

Fuck off outta it if your a leaving cert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭jimbo007

might even be possible for her to borrow books from UL library using her student card and filling in a form, u should ask in the library about this. it's pretty open for anyone to walk in otherwise.

Advertisement