Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax Credits

• 02-12-2008 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi just got my tax credits for 2009. i am taking an unpaid month and a half off work in Januray and headn on hols 2 australia. should i be getting Revenue to divide out my credits over the rest of the yearor do i do this at the end of nxt yr?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭bored and tired

As you have gotten your tax credits, so too will your employer, but his comes with a calculation card, on it is weeks 1-52, your tax credit for each week, cumalitive tax credits, and cut off point.

when you come back from oz, you will have 6 weeks worth of tax credits to your favour, so your empolyer will automatically calculate using your tax deduction card with reference to your cumulative releifs. You should end up paying less if no tax for a few weeks depending on your income and then start getting the full deduction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Mr Clonfadda

I wouldn't advise telling the revenue you were out of the country. While you are entitled to a full year of tax credits, They might seize on anything during the downturn to increase tax take and decide that they could reduce your credits by the period of time you were out of the country.

Advertisement