Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting to trim castle

Options
  • 02-12-2008 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

just wondering what the most direct route to trim castle is from dublin?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

Depends what side of the city you are coming from. Are you familiar with Dublin and nearby counties roads or are you a tourist?

1) From City Centre - Go to Cabra, head out the Navan Road. After Blanch bypass ends, there's some roadworks. Keep going, Trim is clearly sign-posted after a few miles. Just take the Trim road, you will see the castle on approach tp Trim. Journey about 30 miles, about an hour

2) From Airport - Head southwards on the M50. Take the turnoff for Navan. This brings you onto the Navan road, near blanch. Head in the direction of Navan, then follow directions as above. About 25 miles, 45-50 mins

3) From southside - Get onto the road that goes by Liffey-Valley, not sure of its name. Head "West". You should be seeing turnoffs for Maynooth, Kilcock etc. DO NOT go as far as the toll bridge, turn off for Enfield. Follow the road to Enfield. In Enfield village, there is a turnoff to Trim, clearly sign-posted. There are several turnoffs in Enfield, so be careful. Its near the end of the village. You will approach Trim form "The Longwood Road", so you will not see the castle until you are in the town itself. About 30 miles, 1 hour

Is that ok? I know the area well, do you want to know anything specific?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Nools

Im a dub! What about public transport? Im still inbetween minds about driving or getting a bus of some sort? Any one know? Thanks for the directions me right one!

Ah sure if you're goin by public transport, go to Busarus and get on one of the 50 million buses to Trim everyday!!! You dont need to worry about directions then! They go nearly every hour to and from Dublin!:)

yeah but what bus?! the meath bus? im quite ignorent of these sorts of things!

No, theres a big display in Busaras that shows you all the towns each bus is going through. Some buses just go straight to Trim, sometimes its the Athboy bus and it stops in Trim, sometimes its the bus to Granard (Longford) and that stops in Trim aswell. Its easy, its all on display for you. And you can just ask at reception if you want either. There's loads of buses to Trim, you'll be grand

• Advertisement

ok cool! thanks a mill!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Busaras makes 2 stops at Trim, the first stop is at Trim Castle. Ask the driver anyway.

Well, did u go there yet?

yeah i was there last friday! its a lovely hotel! fantastic rooms too!

Advertisement