Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderating in Politics

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

^ Yeah. There is justice after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

javaboy wrote: »
    All's well that ends well I guess. I still don't understand what horrible sin GY committed in a past life to end up as Politics and Soccer mod. :)

Three possibilities;

(a) GY thrives on attention,

(b) GY thrives on conflict,

(c) GY has a gra for the community, and chooses to give something back by chairing two of the trickiest discussion fora on boards.

Don't let the ongoing shenanigans fool you. While it's easy to assume a little from column (a), and a little from column (b), having seen the view from both sides of the bunker, it is overridingly column (c).

And. I say this as someone who disagrees with GY more often than not, (and indeed on this occasion-as I have Izevbekhai and her ilk down as nothing more than grabbing chancers-but that's OT). While she will defend her opinion to the hint, she will always explain it, and will never walk away from a discussion.

IMO, FWIW etc. But don't write GY off as a power tripping net nazi-cos' that's one thing she isn't.

(edit: 'cos I quote jb, it looks like I'm directed my comments at him-I'm not, just speaking in tongues general.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

I think these GY inspired epic threads of complaint are often due to the snide attitude and sadistic comments she [?] displays when someone tries to question her or even explain something to her?. It simply perpetuates the conflict and the contempt posters have for her.

Roundymooney - I think you are right on all your columns, but I think she also thrives on putting people down, keeping them in their place, and her on her high horse. Also, I think she has no background in the humanties, which is also why she should not mod politics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Roundymooney - I think you are right on all your columns, but I think she also thrives on putting people down, keeping them in their place, and her on her high horse. Also, I think she has no background in the humanties, which is also why she should not mod politics.

Like Politics itself, no qualification is required.

Breaking it down to moderation on a regional set of discussion fora (or indeed in general), there is no requirement for a moderator to be expert, or even enthusiastic in the subjects they moderate.

In some cases it's beneficial, but fresh eyes (as in an outside impartial observer) is a positive trait too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Look this thread needs to end in fisticuffs and a lock or my post which cleverly parallels the fate of the complainant with that of Sam Lowry in Brazil will have been in vain! :(

Happy endings, pfft ;)

Mike

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

This post has been deleted.

Unfortunately GuanYin has a tendency to be aloof, autocratic and inconsistent. I am not sure that these are the most desirable traits for a moderator- though she is certainly no worse than most.

MM

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

This thread has run it's course.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement