Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wi-Fi in Mahon Point??

Options
  • 02-12-2008 3:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,987 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, i was over in mahon point today, and i was playing with my ipod, trying to pick up the free wi-fi available in mahon point...

I could see the network, but it was asking for a password... How does one go about getting a password? Is it the same password for all??

I wasn't there long, so i didn't bother go looking for the answers @ the info desk...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

A quick search shows up that there is free wi-fi at McDonalds in Mahon Point (click). Have heard it is available in O' Briens there also. Dunno if you need a password, probably worth asking at the desk if there is one needed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

IIRC, you get it at the Info Desk.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

They have leaflets about the service ( which contains the password) at the desk.

I've found the WiFI to be flakey there.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭masadjie

How about Wifi in McDonalds Patrick Street city center? Is it available? Any experience?

Thanks
    masadjie

• Registered Users Posts: 25 HighOnFire

Wi-fi wasnt working for me there. I had my older laptop there once, and week later my new one and i couldnt connect somehow (still the same error) .. its fd there.. w*nkers. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Bit Buzz have WiFi at the BBs locations. However to use this you have to do one of the following:
    - Set up a subscription with Bit Buzz
    - Pay a couple of euro for a "One time use voucher"
    - Have use of Bit Buzz WiFi as part of your recent O2/Vodafone iPhone package (I believe all iPhone contract with O2/Voda have 12 months free Bit Buzz)

Mahon Point's own WiFi password is available from info desk

McDonalds has WiFi at all their locations worldwide now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Mahon Point's own WiFi is shocking. It drops every few feet, which is incredibly frustrating if you want to do anything worthwhile.

Advertisement