Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE The Music Vol. 9 track listing

• 02-12-2008 8:39am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭

Disc 1:

(01) Theme from Saturday Night's Main Event
    (02) Theme from Primetime Wrestling
    (03) Theme from Monday Night Raw
    (04) Theme from Wrestlemania 10
    (05) Demolition
    (06) Brutus Beefcake
    (07) Chris Jericho (Debut)
    (08) Steve Austin (Alliance)
    (09) Eddie Guerrero (2005)
    (10) The Undertaker (1998)
    (11) Mankind (1999)
    (12) Hunter Hearst Helmsly
    (13) Legion of Doom
    (14) Hacksaw Jim Duggan
    (15) Rick Rude
    (16) The Rock (Hollywood)

Disc 2:

(01) Randy Orton - "Voices"
    (02) Vladimir Kozlov - "Unch Mein"
    (03) Maryse - "Ooh Oui"
    (04) Chris Jericho - "Save Me"
    (05) Santino Marella - "Vittoria Es Mia"
    (06) Ted Dibiase - "Priceless"
    (07) WWE Smackdown - "On The Floor"
    (08) Kelly Kelly - "Holla 2009"
    (09) Kung Fu Naki - "Kung Fu Naki"
    (10) Natalya - "Beating Hart"
    (11) Evan Bourne - "Airbourne"
    (12) Willam Regal - "King"
    (13) The Boogeyman - "Coming To Getcha"
    (14) John Cena - "Moving Up"
    (15) Jack Swagger - "He's So Swagger"
    (16) Tommy Dreamer - "Extreme Dream"

Looks like a cool little set

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I'll be giving this one a miss.

Source, rovert?

There has been a tracklist for CD3 floating around for a while. Its (suposedly) a 3 disc set (ala Anthology) with each disc representing a different era. I doubted it would be three discs, and your list seems ever so slightly more official (although a lack of names for the themes on the first disc is a little fishy). Where did you get it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Source, rovert?

WWE The Music Vol. 9?

It is an offical release it seems, I cant the origin of it. Most websites have the information but it isnt credited to any source in particular.

rovert wrote: »
    WWE The Music Vol. 9?

It is an offical release.

But its not out yet... :confused:

The track listing has yet to be confirmed to the best of my knowledge. So far, you're the only person i know that posted that list. Everyone else i've been seeing, has posted this exact thing over and over:

The first disc will feature unreleased classic themes including Saturday Nights Main Event, Prime Time Wrestling, Wrestlemania and superstars such as Demolition, Brutus Beefcake, and Ricky Steamboat.

Disc 2 will feature unused or rare remixes of classic WWE Superstars entrance themes, such as the debut versions, alternate mixes and rarely heard cuts of themes for Chris Jericho (1999), "Stone Cold" Steve Austin (2002) of "Break The Walls Down" used in 1999, The Undertaker (1998) and The Rock (2004).

Disc 3 will feature current themes and this has been confirmed as following:

1 Randy Orton - "Voices"
    2 Vladimir Kozlov - "Unch Mein"
    3 Maryse - "Ooh Oui"
    4 Chris Jericho - "Save Me"
    5 Santino Marella - "Vittoria Es Mia"
    6 Ted Dibiase - "Priceless"
    7 WWE Smackdown - "On The Floor"
    8 Kelly Kelly - "Holla 2009"
    9 Kung Fu Naki - "Kung Fu Naki"
    10 Natalya - "Beating Hart"
    11 Evan Bourne - "Airbourne"
    12 Willam Regal - "King"
    13 The Boogeyman - "Coming To Getcha"
    14 John Cena - "Moving Up"

And they credit different sites.

See my edit KKV. There is no source per se.

• Advertisement

OK, Where did you copy/paste the track listing from?

You're usually right about the stuff you post, so I'm just very curious (as i have a great interest in WWE's music/media in general)

OK, Where did you copy/paste the track listing from?

You're usually right about the stuff you post, so I'm just very curious (as i have a great interest in WWE's music/media in general)

PWTorch forum.

It was the first time I saw it so I decided to make a thread. Ive looked at the Koch music and WWE websites for a press release but nothing.

PWTorch forum.

It was the first time I saw it so I decided to make a thread. Ive looked at the Koch music and WWE websites for a press release but nothing.

Oh. Well hopefully it'll be accurate. Although i'd still like a three disc set (obviously).

Oh. Well hopefully it'll be accurate. Although i'd still like a three disc set (obviously).

You would think that the third disc would be the remix disc.

You would think that the third disc would be the remix disc.

Considering Volume 7 was an iTunes exclusive, Volume 8 came in a cardboard package and Volume 9 was changed from being "Anthology II", I don't think there will be a third disc. I don't think they want to spend too much money producing these.

Apparently Vol. 7 was only an iTunes exclusive because they feared it wouldn't sell well in-stores because "a lack of star power" to sell the CD. Volume 8 was released as part of their WrestleMania 24 merchandise, and came in one of those cheap cardboard packages. WWE RAW's Greatest Hits: The Music, however, got a proper release, but again i think thats the "star power" thing (as they had Austin, Rock, Cena, Taker, H, etc. on the cover).

The track listing you posted sounds accurate to me. It sounds like they were planning for a three disc set, but made it a two disc set to save a few dollars.

Track listing isn't exactly amazing by any means anyway. But i reckon with Cena on the cover, kids will want to get it, and with the older themes on it, older people with an interest in WWE themes will want it, too. I just wish they'd release Chief Morley's theme, already :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Well that looks like a steaming pile of sh*t. Who in the hell is gonna rip these and listen to them all day on an mp3 player? Please tell me there aren't people out there that will listen to wrestling theme tunes for over 2 hours solid.

Please???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Who in the hell is gonna rip these and listen to them all day on an mp3 player?

KKV while bemoaning the lack of a radio station that suits his needs :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

As in this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5sAcsysCS8

Lol - (15) Jack Swagger - "He's So Swagger"

Take note HBK, swagger is the new sexy

D-FENS wrote: »

As in this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5sAcsysCS8

Nah, i wouldn't say it was that, i'd say it was the one they used from 88-92 that was done in house, as the Animotion original would require money to be paid.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    KKV while bemoaning the lack of a radio station that suits his needs :pac:

At least WWR will have something new to play on air! ;)

the Animotion original would require money to be paid.

Animotion could probably be paid off with a hot meal and a feel of Kelly Kelly's baps these days

What a pity this from the original end credits isn’t included, Phil could definitely use a not meal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJIqxMOy-uw

What a pity this from the original end credits isn’t included, Phil could definitely use a not meal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJIqxMOy-uw

Are you serious? He was involved in one in the biggest comebacks last year with Genesis!
    Off topic - the When In Rome tour 2007 DVD set is absolutely awesome, even if you don't like Collins, the stage presence of the entire band and the stage itself is a masterpiece.

As for the Animotion song, no point in putting it on that compilation as the song can be found on virtually every bargain bin 80s compilation anyway. :)

Are you serious? He was involved in one in the biggest comebacks last year with Genesis!
    Off topic - the When In Rome tour 2007 DVD set is absolutely awesome, even if you don't like Collins, the stage presence of the entire band and the stage itself is a masterpiece.

As for the Animotion song, no point in putting it on that compilation as the song can be found on virtually every bargain bin 80s compilation anyway. :)

Can't say i heard too much about that, i usually wait to hear new material from a band to call it a comeback, not the old throw the zimaframes in the tour bus routine ;)
    (Apologis also for the off topic)

And most of the old themes from WWE's 1st anthology collection could be found on the first few WWF the Music cd's, also in bargain bins, did'nt stop them releasing them!

Can't say i heard too much about that, i usually wait to hear new material from a band to call it a comeback, not the old throw the zimaframes in the tour bus routine ;)
    (Apologis also for the off topic)

Rather that than x-factor, rock star and joy division wannabes like The Killers, Editors, Interpol etc :D Thankfully none of the above are likely to release anything for the WWE, of course, i thought that about Rush once too!
    (how's that for getting it back on topic?)
    And most of the old themes from WWE's 1st anthology collection could be found on the first few WWF the Music cd's, also in bargain bins, did'nt stop them releasing them!

Very good point, sir!

Rather that than x-factor

As in Waltman & co? Yes, i would'nt like to see a comeback from them either :D

• Advertisement

As in Waltman & co? Yes, i would'nt like to see a comeback from them either :D

BOOOOOOO!

Well that looks like a steaming pile of sh*t. Who in the hell is gonna rip these and listen to them all day on an mp3 player? Please tell me there aren't people out there that will listen to wrestling theme tunes for over 2 hours solid.

Please???

Theme music is Hugely under-rated in my opinion. A lot of themes are excellent. Some of the production themes they use are great, too.

Theme music is Hugely under-rated in my opinion. A lot of themes are excellent. Some of the production themes they use are great, too.

You need help! Seriously, all the great albums that have come out in the last thirty years (at least!) and you could justify piles of sh*t like Here Comes The Money, Ass Man, Somebody Call My Momma amongst others.

Theme music is under-rated alright, Under-achieved, under-talented are also words i'd use to describe it! ;)
    Yes it might sound good to the 5-10 year old demographic, then once people hear proper music, it's bye bye!

Even Motorhead's stuff for WWE is criminally embarrassing!

You need help! Seriously, all the great albums that have come out in the last thirty years (at least!) and you could justify piles of sh*t like Here Comes The Money, Ass Man, Somebody Call My Momma amongst others.

Those 3 are some of the best in recent years. That rumble moment makes me rate Momma as an unforgettable one

As for WWE theme music being underated, not really. Most of it repeats itself over and over again. Not good enough for radio

Those 3 are some of the best in recent years. That rumble moment makes me rate Momma as an unforgettable one

Nah, it was more Tazz singing along to it that put that song over. And to be fair, Tazz trying to sing that and hold back the laughter is priceless to hear. Ass Man sucked, sorry.
    As for WWE theme music being underated, not really. Most of it repeats itself over and over again. Not good enough for radio

My sentiments exactly. Could you imagine the horror of people aged 60 onwards listening as Joe Duffy is playing Kane's current theme tune on the radio?, lol

Ass man is an awesome song.

Ass man is an awesome song.

"So many asses, so little time, so many surprises that creep up from behind!"

Takes different strokes to rule the world, i guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

here ..who songs the smackdown song..on Wikipedia it says Airbourne sing it and the song is called going down,..

On this CD it is called On The Floor..Can someone clear this up,..sound

• Advertisement

Most of it repeats itself over and over again. Not good enough for radio

Pretty much every song i've heard on the radio this year has a chorus that is played over and over. Every song does it.

I've also noticed a few songs require the singers to hum the music themselves. can't remember which songs (never bothered to remember the names) but they were girl bands/singers i think, and i counted three different songs in the same day where the people were humming to the music. drove me insane.

Pretty much every song i've heard on the radio this year has a chorus that is played over and over. Every song does it.

That's the point of a chorus, however with Wrestling themes, it's chorus verse chorus verse, chorus verse lather rinse repeat.

Same bloody verse, same bloody chrous.

Wrestling songs don't have structure or a 2nd to 3rd chorus bridge. The fact that we are having this argument is insane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

That's the point of a chorus, however with Wrestling themes, it's chorus verse chorus verse, chorus verse lather rinse repeat.

Same bloody verse, same bloody chrous.

I concur. Remember that Kid Rock song that Taker used ? That was a genuine song on an album and all that . Well, genuine in that it was Kid Rock using Metallica's music, but anyway, they edited so that the chorus or pre-chorus bit played first. Either way, they didn't play the thing in full. So yes, wrestling themes start with a chorus to "hook" you in. I think Hogan's theme song started with the chorus at the start didn't it ?

I concur. Remember that Kid Rock song that Taker used ? That was a genuine song on an album and all that . Well, genuine in that it was Kid Rock using Metallica's music, but anyway, they edited so that the chorus or pre-chorus bit played first. Either way, they didn't play the thing in full. So yes, wrestling themes start with a chorus to "hook" you in. I think Hogan's theme song started with the chorus at the start didn't it ?

Speaking of Taker intros (hey remember when his intro DIDN'T cure insomnia?), Limp Bizkit's "Rollin'" was also edited to have the chorus start the song, and then seamed into the beginning of the song, obviously cutting off Durst's intro.

Speaking of Taker intros (hey remember when his intro DIDN'T cure insomnia?), Limp Bizkit's "Rollin'" was also edited to have the chorus start the song, and then seamed into the beginning of the song, obviously cutting off Durst's intro.

Ah good aul Taker...

There's a pletora of "remixes" on youtube, some guys really love these themes! His ministry of darkness theme with the "nana, ana, co bor diente" or whatever quasi latin he was mumbling.

I wonder would they buy a cd of Jim Johnston music.

• Advertisement

BatmanTaker? Bruce Calaway?

BatmanTaker? Bruce Calaway?

Hehe :)

That was when he was a santa worshipper :pac:
    I think there was a corporate ministry theme that mixed "No chance in Hell" into that one.

Advertisement