Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do next?

Options
  • 02-12-2008 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi there

Im currently studying Security + at a local college and home studing Vista 70-620.

I hope to sit these exams in January and fingers crossed pass.I will then look for a new job I currently work at level 1 on a helpdesk.

What do I do next do I do next do I do two more exams and get my MCSA using Sec+ as elective or do I do MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician but Im concerned as Vista is not popular and will this be of use?

I could also do MCITP: Enterprise Administrator or MCITP: Server Administrator

Thanks
    Noel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭allybhoy

As far as I know (its 5yrs since i completed my MCSE) if you were looking to complete your MCSA you would need to complete one client XP or Vista, Two networking :- Managing, Maintaining Server (70-290), Implementing, Managing, Maintaining Server Network (70-291) and then one elective, which i believe can be a COMPTIA exam in your case Security+. I wouldnt be too concerned about the fact you are studying Vista rather than XP, in fact that should be a bonus because your future-proofing yourself and sure Server 2008 is more similar to Vista than XP.

After you complete your MCSA and you are still looking for relevant exams than I would reccomend the Net+ and CCNA route. Or you could go ahead and finish the MCSE.

Ive never even heard about MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician, reading it there it seems interesting enough, but it just kind of seems like a stop gap exam for rolling out vista and will probably be discontinued within a year or so....

Linky

Advertisement