Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are Expansys.ie like to deal with?

Options
  • 02-12-2008 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭

Bought a digital photo frame in error over the weekend and paid by bank transfer, I cancelled the order on Sunday and have heard nothing from them, not even an acknowledgement e-mail.

Not impressed, I will be taking my business elsewhere anyway as the item I mistakenly bought is overpriced and smaller than the one I wanted but would like opinions on how others have found their service.

MC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭KStaford

Yeah they are slow as hell to deal with. They are a big int'l organization with tld's all over the shop (expnsys.fr, expnsys.co.uk, expnsys.com etc etc)

In my experience, they will reply but it might take 4-5 days before you hear from them. I found that phoning their CS number was more effective (but I may simply have been lucky). Upon phoning, I got through to a very nice french girl who was very apologetic and gave me her name and her own email address incase I had further diffiiculty.

The number I rang was
    +353 (0)1 631 9119

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Rang them there, got on to a nice guy in America that cancelled my order for me but was unable to answer me about the return of my payment and transferred me to the UK office, which closes at 5pm even though on the e-mail they say 7pm... Thinking these guys don't really operate a great system.

American agents when I spoke to them were courteous and helpful though so will try again tomorrow.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

It takes a few days for a bank transfer to go through, so they mightn't have gotten the money in their account yet.

It will probably take a few more days for them to confirm that the money is in their account and then for them to transfer the money back to your account. There will probably be fees involved in sending a bank transfer back to you

That is one they can try but...

MC

Still no funds, this is getting ridiculous!

Anyone any enlightened stories about his shower?

• Advertisement

Still not even the decency of a reply, I would recommend anyone thinking of buying from these idiots to stay well clear.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 24,078 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I used to buy from Nomatica, a french company that used to compete with Pixmania. Unfortunately, they were taken over by Expansys - no more reasonable prices! I've never bought anything from Expansys and probably never will.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Ward117

I bought a phone off them nearly a year ago but i accidentally bought 2 of them....i rang the number that was on the site and i was put through to a foreign woman (who was actually very polite and helpful) she fixed my order no problems and that was it, i got my phone just under a week later.....
    Maybe i was just lucky:):)

Advertisement