Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Same car, different price & Mileage?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

one is having a sale and the other is not :P

not really a surprise - there are so many of these adds on there with contradicting info.

Surely your not expecting to pay even the lower price !! ohh and the SIMI one is dearer

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭carrollmark

Its more the mileage that concerns me, the price differential I can understand.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Looks dodgy that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

most car dealers near the red cow are dodgy

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Its more the mileage that concerns me, the price differential I can understand.

one of the ads could be 6 months old and they just keep renewing it..

• Advertisement

copacetic wrote: »
    one of the ads could be 6 months old and they just keep renewing it..

i dont know why people always try to defend this type of thing with excuses like the above or a mistake with miles and kilometers.

most likely the car has been clocked
    simple as that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

green123 wrote: »
    i dont know why people always try to defend this type of thing with excuses like the above or a mistake with miles and kilometers.

simple as that

Thats one option. I'd tend to go with an old renewed ad until i actaully saw the clocks. Could be a case of one garage couldnt shift it, sold on to another and been used by someone in the meantime...

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

EPM wrote: »
    Thats one option. I'd tend to go with an old renewed ad until i actaully saw the clocks. Could be a case of one garage couldnt shift it, sold on to another and been used by someone in the meantime...
    Yes, i would believe that:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,246 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

simple as that

How do you know this for sure, have you actually seen the car or checked the odometer, verified the service history, etc?

Internet adverts are riddles with mistakes everyday, some honest, some not. Two inconsistant adverts for the same car is not solid evidence of clocking and such assumptions could get boards.ie into trouble.

Also what would be the point in clocking a car from 40k km back to 20k km, it would hardly make a substancial difference to the price to justify the risk involved by a garage being caught?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

simple as that
    Because experience shows that it often is a simple mistake, that's why.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I rang both places and in each case they confirmed the mileage to be the same as advertised.
    The Car Company chap told me that they were selling it for a close friend of the owner and that it wasn't on the lot - view by appt only.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

simple as that

I presume by 'people', you mean me? There are plenty of cars on carzone now that people have been trying to sell for 6 or 8 months while driving them. Mileage is often going up at 2k a month.

You would have to be an idiot to assume things when you know nothing actually relevant to the example.

bazz26 wrote: »
    How do you know this for sure

i dont know for sure, therefore i said MOST LIKELY

do you understand what most likely means ?

copacetic wrote: »
    I presume by 'people', you mean me?

You would have to be an idiot to assume things when you know nothing actually relevant to the example.

no, not just you copacetic, alot of other posters also defend this type of thing. i started another thread like this before and got similar responses http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055377041
    and there were other threads too

i think you would have to be an idiot to assume that everything is ok and that these are all genuine mistakes.
    i dont think they are all genuine mistakes, i think they are the tip of the clocking iceberg

Advertisement