Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

electrical leak - opel vectra 03

Options
  • 02-12-2008 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

i have had to jump start my car a number of times in the last few months, the battery seems fine and there are no lights on the dash to suggest a problem. This problem happens usual overnight, the next morning the engine is just dead. Is it possible that there is some sort of electric device that is draining my battery while its parked up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭the merchant

I'm certain it's your battery, especially with the cold weather we've been having- it really kills off a week battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 luckoftheirish

ok, this happened a couple of months back alss after a long journey with full lights, fogs and heater on so i guess a weak battery would make sense, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

I'm certain it's your battery, especially with the cold weather we've been happening - it really kills off a week battery.

+1, this cold weather is like the grim reaper for car batteries!

Advertisement