Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia announce N97- first N series TS phone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭djbriandowling

Rsaeire wrote: »
    I am not one to needlessly bash a handset that has enough against it,

i like it ha ha,
    im not playing a game of mine is better than your i just feel very strongly so many people were dopped into buying these phones and then kinda felt imbareced and now speak like it has no big problems and that it is such a great phone when really the only thing it has going for it is its touch interface which is really very good. but thats where it ends. the iphone might seem like a brilliant phone to people who just do 2 things with there phone make calls and listen to music which it does extremely will. i wouldnt use it if you're big into txting because basic txt functions like copy/past and forward txt isnt available. i'm so used to having smart phones that do i wide variaty of stuff and do it really well or with firmware updates and apps after buying.
    after buying my n95 my imagination became endless, i didnt own a video camera but after using it with its own built in video editor and uploading the video to youtube without even using a pc it was just amazing when i think about the nokia n95, n96 and now the n97 i think this is what computers have become. i remember just buying the n95 and went to a faimily dinner. i took photos in 5mp, i excused myself and went to a near chimest where i bluetoothed the photos to a printer and brought them back to everyone amazment. so many times i took videos of stuff added my own music and captions at a family event or something was over and showed my finished creation. i can record and edit stuff of my daughter and email the video to my girlfriends german family in germany without touching a pc.
    with nokia you are only limited by your own imagination,
    i could only ever be disapointed buying an iphone that cant do much only look pretty
    the n97 wow, who do i want to reach out to, what do i want to create and share with, the answer is simply anything my imagination can think of
    watch both of these youtube videos both recorded edited and uploaded to youtube without touching a pc,
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=uxA38UKMBjE
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=jThUqKQlFYU
    what will we be able to create on the n97

I am not one to needlessly bash a handset that has enough against it,

i like it ha ha,
    im not playing a game of mine is better than your i just feel very strongly so many people were dopped into buying these phones and then kinda felt imbareced and now speak like it has no big problems and that it is such a great phone when really the only thing it has going for it is its touch interface which is really very good. but thats where it ends. the iphone might seem like a brilliant phone to people who just do 2 things with there phone make calls and listen to music which it does extremely will. i wouldnt use it if you're big into txting because basic txt functions like copy/past and forward txt isnt available. i'm so used to having smart phones that do i wide variaty of stuff and do it really well or with firmware updates and apps after buying.
    after buying my n95 my imagination became endless, i didnt own a video camera but after using it with its own built in video editor and uploading the video to youtube without even using a pc it was just amazing when i think about the nokia n95, n96 and now the n97 i think this is what computers have become. i remember just buying the n95 and went to a faimily dinner. i took photos in 5mp, i excused myself and went to a near chimest where i bluetoothed the photos to a printer and brought them back to everyone amazment. so many times i took videos of stuff added my own music and captions at a family event or something was over and showed my finished creation. i can record and edit stuff of my daughter and email the video to my girlfriends german family in germany without touching a pc.
    with nokia you are only limited by your own imagination,
    i could only ever be disapointed buying an iphone that cant do much only look pretty
    the n97 wow, who do i want to reach out to, what do i want to create and share with, the answer is simply anything my imagination can think of
    watch both of these youtube videos both recorded edited and uploaded to youtube without touching a pc,
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=uxA38UKMBjE
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=jThUqKQlFYU
    what will we be able to create on the n97

Work for nokia?

Sony Ericsson 'XPERIA X1' nice phone, 3.2mp camera but the 5mp camera on the n97

no i dont work for nokia. i just believe and buying phones like this and using everything i has to offer. i used work i a phone shop but made more money djing, still have loads of friends working in phone shops do

i just cant wait for the nokia n97 to be released, im sure it was said already that its bad that nokia announce a phone 6 months before its released, gives us time to save i guess. im loving the touch screen 5800 soon to be available

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

Why do you feel it has to be a game of mines better than yours?

that's life for ya....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

still no isheep users able to comment back on my comment that the iphone cant do basic stuff. middle of the road phones can do so much stuff we all take for granted like full bluetooth use sending music and photos. a friend of mine working in a carphone warehouse store went to this big lecture on the store iphone opening and after listing to the people rant and rave about how great the iphone is they asked everyone if there was anyone who didnt like the phone do they wanna speak.. so my friend put up his hand and spoke for about 5 minutes solid on all the iphone cant do compared to mid rangs phone especially nokias.. the lectures and speakers for the iphone were stunned to actually find out stuff they didnt know or didnt want to say,, they had no reply or defence. bottom line the iphone just has a nice touch interface thats it, when it comes to functionality it fails compared to phones like nseries nokias, how could iphone users say they have the best smart phone, come on like wake up... 2mp camera with no flash and no video, i just paid 60euro for a nokia 6300 for my mum that has the same spec camera but can actually take video,
    just look at the n97spec look at what it has under the lid look at its potential with the addition of some great apps like garmin xt mobile and office software its 5 deferent ways of txt input and yes iphone users it can copy and past like every other phone except yours, that would annoy the hell out of me sorry, 5mp camera with video at 30frames per sec iphones cant even do video!! my mums new phone can do video!! add to a possible 48gb of possible storage. touch screen is just the icing on the cake for this n97. its video output through the supplied tv cabble are endless!! please iphone users tell me something worth while that this nokia n97 or nearly my mums 6300 that your phone is better at

Are you 5 years old or something, please use paragraphs, caps, etc. and whats with all the apple hate?

I don't particularly like the iphone myself, which is why I have an N82 and an ipod touch, but why bother complain about the iphone in this thread when most people who will be interested in this phone will be Nokia/SE/HTC users and don't give too hoots about the iphone?

Personally, I think this could be a great phone, with a lot of powerful functions, it could possibly stop me from having to carry my N82 & my touch around everywhere. By the time it is released we should have some other versions on the market.

Only thing I can see that its missing is Xenon Flash (which my N82 has), but I would say this is due to the space the capacitor would need, and possibly a front mounted camera.

Oh and someone was talking about symbian, according to the news, Nokia have bought them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

lafors wrote: »
    Are you 5 years old or something, please use paragraphs, caps, etc. and whats with all the apple hate?

I don't particularly like the iphone myself, which is why I have an N82 and an ipod touch, but why bother complain about the iphone in this thread when most people who will be interested in this phone will be Nokia/SE/HTC users and don't give too hoots about the iphone?

Personally, I think this could be a great phone, with a lot of powerful functions, it could possibly stop me from having to carry my N82 & my touch around everywhere. By the time it is released we should have some other versions on the market.

Only thing I can see that its missing is Xenon Flash (which my N82 has), but I would say this is due to the space the capacitor would need, and possibly a front mounted camera.

Oh and someone was talking about symbian, according to the news, Nokia have bought them.

Are YOU a 5 year old teacher? G*d, how I love people on forums who pick on grammar and syntax when they haven't got much else to say!!! 'apple hate'? The previous poster's comments were not 'hateful' nor ott, your comment however was! Dismissive and dismissable as pompous iFan-drivel! Or is that 'drivvel'? I'm so thick sometimes?
    Oh, and why/for what purpose did Nokia buy Symbian? Well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

iPhone doesn't have copy/paste
    iPhone only has a 2Mp camera
    iPhone cant hook into car system and watch movies on your sun visor
    iPhone cant MMS
    iPhone cant bluetooth images.

There. happy? Anything else you want me to repeat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I'd like to ask, what feature do people think the N97 has that other handsets currently don't? I am excluding the 5MP camera, as 3.2MP to 5MP is hardly a leap in quality when discussing camera phones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Here's some more detailed specs, but it still doesn't mention the CPU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

n97 will support flash player..is this a first for nokia, or indeed any mobile phone handset?

iphone falls short in some functions as listed in a previous post but when it comes to the:

user friendly interface
    Internet browsing
    ipod function
    app store
    looks

it murders every other phone out there..

its all give and take, no phone doest everything perfectly..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

i just feel very strongly so many people were dopped into buying these phones

They were not tricked into buying the iPhone. They merely failed to do any or perhaps enough research on an expensive product. This is their fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

I love my ipod touch. Best of both is N96 with joikuspot loaded and the touch. See everyone can be happy ;)
    If you ask me the N97 just makes the 5800 look even more appealing on a price ratio at least. As we won't see this for about 6 months sim-free, possibly longer to get to carriers, many will opt for the 5800 mid feb/march and then I'd like to see what happens....
    Will they wait for the N97 or buy the 5800 and leave the N97 in its wake? The N97 will need to be heavily promoted by carriers when it comes out to establish N series dominance.
    What annoys me about Nokia and other companies marketing strageties is that they announce something that is often 6+ months away. Theres a big "I want!" factor but no purchase option. Thats annoying.
    At least when Steve Job's spouts his RDF key notes you can buy the latest shiny apple thing within a week usually and often later that day. That has to shift units.
    Xperia anyone?? (was announced nearly 1 year ago!!! - a lot of people have moved on since then and some companies (apple) appear to have moved mountains in that period.

quintron wrote: »
    Xperia anyone?? (was announced nearly 1 year ago!!! - a lot of people have moved on since then and some companies (apple) appear to have moved mountains in that period.

The Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 was announced in February and released in October this year. 8 months in the difference between its announcement and it being released, not quite a year. I understand your point though; even 8 months is a long time to wait for a handset as trust me, I'm still waiting to get mine.

Without being pedantic I said "nearly a year" not 1 year exactly. Tell me is nearly a year, not quite a year?
    Quiet.

P.S. Sorry, I'm grumpy today.

I'd like to ask, what feature do people think the N97 has that other handsets currently don't? I am excluding the 5MP camera, as 3.2MP to 5MP is hardly a leap in quality when discussing camera phones.

Well, it is IF the sensor is better ;)
    The e71's 3.2 cam is NOT better than the k750's 2mp cam, no matter how much I 'love' the e71! And imho, it'll not be about the features, but about how well they work. There are so many feature-packed phones that are just rubbish. On the other hand there's the iphone that lacks sooooo many features, but what it does it does well in the opinion of many happy owners. I think it's more and more about a great (looking), functional package. Many specs and features are already to be expected to be onboard. Take gps...wtf? A couple of years ago no one browsed for the odd gps capable phone. Now great phones get points deducted in reviews if they don't have gps...weird imho, but accepted by many.
    The N97, I'm sure, will sell well as did the N95 that had serious flaws to begin with (15 million and counting). And I'm optimistic re. the usability. I think s60 5th will be better for the average user's fingers than wm, even if it doesn't have the diamond's or the iphone's iCandy.

Without being pedantic I said "nearly a year" not 1 year exactly. Tell me is nearly a year, not quite a year?
    Quiet.

P.S. Sorry, I'm grumpy today.

I guess we just have different definitions of nearly a year. You think nearly a year is 8 months, whereas I think nearly a year is closer to 10-11 months.

P.S. Sorry, I'm pedantic today. :p

strecker wrote: »
    Well, it is IF the sensor is better ;)
    The e71's 3.2 cam is NOT better than the k750's 2mp cam, no matter how much I 'love' the e71! And imho, it'll not be about the features, but about how well they work. There are so many feature-packed phones that are just rubbish. On the other hand there's the iphone that lacks sooooo many features, but what it does it does well in the opinion of many happy owners. I think it's more and more about a great (looking), functional package. Many specs and features are already to be expected to be onboard. Take gps...wtf? A couple of years ago no one browsed for the odd gps capable phone. Now great phones get points deducted in reviews if they don't have gps...weird imho, but accepted by many.
    The N97, I'm sure, will sell well as did the N95 that had serious flaws to begin with (15 million and counting). And I'm optimistic re. the usability. I think s60 5th will be better for the average user's fingers than wm, even if it doesn't have the diamond's or the iphone's iCandy.

I discounted the camera because, generally, there isn't as much difference between 3.2 MP and 5MP camera phones, as much as there is with 2MP and 3.2MP camera phones. This is merely my opinion based on owning and/or using a K750i, K800i, K850i, 6680, E61 and N95.

I agree with the GPS remark. I for one will barely use GPS on my handset and can only really envisage using it to geotag pictures I take.

Based on the images and video I've seen of the N97, I feel very much underwhelmed by the handset as a whole. Yes, it appears to have a lot of the features that most people look for, but a 3-row keyboard? How is someone expected to type well on that? The handset is clearly a mix between the N95 and the E90 with a touchscreen added for that little bit extra, but I was honestly expecting something... more!

The N95 had a 5MP camera, GPS and large onboard memory when it was released; and at a time when not a lot of other handsets did. It differentiated itself from the rest of the handsets on the market as a result of these features. Next we had the N96, which is only a slight upgrade from the N95 8GB, being surpassed by the N85, which received more praise from users and reviewers alike, leaving the N96 overpriced, and undersold. Now we have the N97, which was announced with a feature-set available on pretty much a lot of handsets, with some even offering more, and with a wait of 6 months before release.

As I said before, I am underwhelmed by what the N97 offers and wish it had more that what it currently has.

I guess we just have different definitions of nearly a year. You think nearly a year is 8 months, whereas I think nearly a year is closer to 10-11 months.

P.S. Sorry, I'm pedantic today. :p

Touché. On days like to day it can feel like nearly a year. :rolleyes: ;)

• Advertisement

thanks to a few who defended me and what i said about the iphone. i have to stop before i get carried away on that piece of **** phone or so call smart phone,

paragraph 2, Still really looking forward to more info on the n97

Touché. On days like to day it can feel like nearly a year. :rolleyes: ;)

I know the feeling ;)

Are you interested in buying an N97, eventually, when it's released?

i have not been this excited about a phone in a long time but i have to say im really excited about the nokia 5800 too which ill be getting in the next few weeks, hopefully before christmas anyway

I discounted the camera because, generally, there isn't as much difference between 3.2 MP and 5MP camera phones, as much as there is with 2MP and 3.2MP camera phones. This is merely my opinion based on owning and/or using a K750i, K800i, K850i, 6680, E61 and N95.

I agree with the GPS remark. I for one will barely use GPS on my handset and can only really envisage using it to geotag pictures I take.

Based on the images and video I've seen of the N97, I feel very much underwhelmed by the handset as a whole. Yes, it appears to have a lot of the features that most people look for, but a 3-row keyboard? How is someone expected to type well on that? The handset is clearly a mix between the N95 and the E90 with a touchscreen added for that little bit extra, but I was honestly expecting something... more!

The N95 had a 5MP camera, GPS and large onboard memory when it was released; and at a time when not a lot of other handsets did. It differentiated itself from the rest of the handsets on the market as a result of these features. Next we had the N96, which is only a slight upgrade from the N95 8GB, being surpassed by the N85, which received more praise from users and reviewers alike, leaving the N96 overpriced, and undersold. Now we have the N97, which was announced with a feature-set available on pretty much a lot of handsets, with some even offering more, and with a wait of 6 months before release.

As I said before, I am underwhelmed by what the N97 offers and wish it had more that what it currently has.

I'm not personally impressed with it either, and I sold my n95 and n95/8 within 1 and 2 weeks respectively.
    And I'm not a fan of slide out qwerties...but I nevertheless expect the 97 to sell well. It's what the x1 should have been...

• Registered Users Posts: 36 nutterguy

astrofool wrote: »
    99% of software works on windows, so it's not hard to look for. Mac generally come with what's needed (browser + email).

Symbian needs specially coded apps designed for it, and it has a small user base, a central place to find all these would be a huge boon to Symbian.

You seem to have slightly overlooked a little known launguage called JAVA...
    So no, Symbian does not need any specially coded apps.
    The .SIS apps are generally better but the fact stands that your completly wrong!

Also where did this "small user base" come from?
    Last time I checked (right now link) the small user base is around 80 million...
    Compare that to (a very highly disputed) 4-6 million, thats what I call small. Tiny in fact.

Lastly "a central place to find all these" is going to be difficult for you as there is no one centeral, highly vetted place to find lots of approved apps to buy.

There are the Nokia places: nokia's website, download!, MOSH.

There are independent market places: s60applications.com, s60.com, 60symbian.com, symbianapplications.net, clickapps.com, getjar.com...
    to mention but a few! Try googling. :-o

Then there are all the independent developers who sell/give software straight from there website.

A large majority of this software is totally free as well, not ad supported or trials but 100% free!

So stick that up your walled up Mapple app store!

As for the N97 I think it looks pretty sweet, thicker, but not as fat as the iPhone and a better fit in hands and pockets and the home screen is actually useful, really useful, rather than just some buttons.
    Also a music playback time of 31 hours is amazing and will probably get better with firmware updates.

My current N95 is far better (read more useful eg. not a paperweight) than any iPhone and the N97 should not even be compaired to any iPhone.
    It would be like compairing a... typewriter to a computer...

macvsdellfz5-250x300.jpg

Jobs approved style over... function and style. :pac:

I know the feeling ;)

Are you interested in buying an N97, eventually, when it's released?

A simple question that gave me pause for thought..

Having been a Symbian junkie for the last 5 years or so I will definitely be getting a Nokia touch device..... but I have to say I've been having loads of fun with my iPod touch. (iphone out of the question in its current incarnation & with contract/network obligations, not least because, by many accounts, the actual phone part ain't that great and its battery life is atrocious, yes worse than the N95..).
    Anyway, back to the touch. The OS without the grief.

Graphically, its stunning and I'm amazed at the amount of quality applications that 3rd party developers have created in a relatively short space of time. The OS lends itself to heavily graphic, user friendly UI's that make it so easy to just dive right in.
    Its not all about Apples good hardware (Nokia should have gone with capacitive screen on N97!) or solid OS (its a fresh lateral approach based on years of observation, some would call that cheeky!).
    Its about the overall maturity of the smartphone world. IMHO Apples success shows how mature the market is (a lot of developers who themselves matured on the WM & Symbian OS's were ready to port just at the right time...). It shows that finally smartphones were ready to be adopted by the masses after lurking in the shadows of geekdom for the past few years. Apple's iphone was like a puzzle piece that cemented public consciousness as to location aware media on the move, internet & email in your pocket. etc... Never mind that Psion, Palm and Windows had been banging on about it for years or that some of us were carefully lining up our IR ports back in 1997 to grab a few kb's of mail an hour. (those were the days alright :P)
    It also reflects how good the apple SDK is. This is something that Nokia need to address, and they have gone some way towards this with their new uniform QT IDE. Though it remains to be seen how effective this cross platform solution will be. I think that it comes at the right time for Nokia just as Apple launched at the right time and drove the market as a result.

All of the above dross means I've been neglecting my S60 devices over the past few months but.....

I can see into my future... in terms of "smart telephony" it will be the Nokia 5800 in Spring to replace my trusty E90, and the N97 next autumn to replace my N95/8 which I will be getting work to fork for hopefully. Unless there is an E-91 or an N-100 in the meantime..
    I like that Apple has given the respective UI departments a shake up but I like my "full smartphone/swiss army" s60 functionality just a little bit more.

Sorry 'bout long winded reply! Its been a slow day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭MackDeToaster

Here's a view from another with a slow day, fluff yer pillows!

Things I currently use my N95 8g for...

Editing spreadsheets and docs, etc, plus I can remotely connect to work and home servers through vpn and grab stuff from there. Copy and paste is vital and I use a little foldable bluetooth keyboard for longer work (tv-out also very useful sometimes as I can run presentations off it).

Tethering - Can connect my desktop and laptop to the web via bluetooth, plus I occasionally set it up as a wifi hotspot for others to connect through.

Surfing - When I don't have anything else (ie laptop) readily to hand and want to check something quickly.

Mail - Push email with several accounts.

Gps - Saves me having to have a dedicated gps unit. I use CoPilot all the time for navigation and the inbuilt Nokia maps just for... maps! I record tracks hiking and motorbiking, bang them up to Google Maps etc, have any pics I take tagged with locations, blah, fire them up to Flicker or wherever. The camera is fine for snapshots and easy panoramas (with Panoman). For fancy stuff I carry a proper camera so 5mp is fine by me.

Music - My collection is mostly in ogg format so I use a 3rd party app for playing. I've 170 odd gigs of music so I just shuffle stuff on and off randomly for the times when I can't be bothered bringing the mp3 player with me.

Movies - It's nice to have a few movies onboard for the odd boring time and the tv-out is especially handy here.

Games - 3d chip is great for stuff like Lament Island, One, Asphalt, Brothers in Arms, Star Wars Force. Just started trying Quake 3 on it.

Misc - I also use other stuff on it such as the Nokia Wellness (how I hate that word!) Diary and Sport Tracker, various weather apps, Merrion Webster dictionary, Mobireader and QReader for ebooks, not to forget the brilliant Cabbage app for txts, and lots of other little apps/toys.

Oh yeah, it's also a super phone as well.

An IPhone can do some of the stuff above but there's a lot it can't and I hate Apples lockdown. The Android platform is very interesting but right now it's immature in terms of the number of apps and handsets available. I'm into Linux and opensource and have no interest in running anything of Microsofts ever again so that rules Windows Mobile out, even if stuff such as the Xperia have very interesting hardware and can possibly be hacked. Symbian has been working fast and reliably for me on the N95 and I've paid for tons of apps which I wish to hold onto. Plus it's been opensourced so hopefully Nokia will get the finger out.

Why I'm interested in the N97..

I'm really happy with the N95, but it looks like the N97 will let me do all of the above with the added bonus of tons more storage, touchscreen, plus a bigger and better screen, and the built-in FM transmitter will be handy in the car. In fact I may be able to get rid of the laptop entirely (I'm into overlanding and I don't want to carry the weight of even a netbook if at all possible).

It's simply another step towards integrating lots of little devices into one small easily portable package, a crossover between a dumbphone and an mid/netbook if you will. It does lots of things really well (voice calls, gps etc), others not so well (extended surfing sessions on anything under approx an 8" screen is gonna be painful). There's nothing revolutionary in it, but as a jack of all trades and master of some it's looking very promising and I'll be waiting for more indepth reviews with just a teensy bit of drool doing it's dribbling stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭TheAlmightyZeus

When you actually look past the spec of the N97 and down to what it really is, you see that you would watch your movies and stuff on it and listen to music.Then what? First and foremost, it is a phone. People seem to think when they first look at the pics of how shiny and clean it is, that Nokia have jumped 10 years into the future and given us this phone. What more can it do than anymore smartphone at the moment? Sure it has a bigger screen and the apps available for it will be pretty good. Touchscreen is a matter of taste, some people don't like marking the screen with dirty fingers.

For those who brought the iPhone into this thread, I can't really see what the point was putting this it against the N97 other than just to bash it. If you don't like the iPhone then go and complain in the appropriate thread.

I do like the look of the N97 but I won't be rushing to get it when it comes out, I can see the price being way to high for me. And I'm not really that mad about touchscreens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

thanks to a few who defended me and what i said about the iphone. i have to stop before i get carried away on that piece of **** phone or so call smart phone,

paragraph 2, Still really looking forward to more info on the n97

Thanks for the paragraphs ;)
    I was grumpy last night, had too much work, so didn't mean to be offensive/condescending, everyone is entitled to their opinion seeing as its a public forum ;)

I agree with your summary of the iphone alright, its not really a "smartphone" they are missing quite a few important parts, but they are well on their way to making a great phone. They have the UI, Nokia have the smartphone functions just not a good UI. So I am really looking forward to detailed reviews of this phone to see if they are getting there (c'mon mobilereview get your review up :) I love that Russian site!)

• Advertisement

quintron, MackDeToaster - From reading through your posts it is clear you both thoroughly enjoy Symbian handsets, and look forward to the N97.

quintron - The iTouch sounds like a great handset, like the iPhone, but I cannot bear to use a completely touchscreen handset, as the fingerprints would infuriate me no end. Each to their own, as they say, as friends of mine swear by the iPhone. I personally need a slide-out keyboard to compliment a touchscreen, plus a few additional directional buttons; I'm sure you can see now why I chose the X1 as my next handset.

MackDeToaster - I'm surprised that you have that much time to use all the features on your N95 as even if I had one, I wouldn't use half of the features you mentioned.

Advertisement