Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real Christmas Trees

• 02-12-2008 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi Does anyone know where I would get a good real xmas tree in Waterford and how much it would set me back. Also where would I get a stand. Its our first christmas in new house so would really like a real one.
    Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

You can get the stand in Woodies: http://www.woodiesdiy.com/dynamiccontent.aspx?loc=119

They have a section, or rather they had last year but I presume they have them again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Youll get the christmas tree in Woodies as well if your going in for the stand sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Kervicks on Ballybricken have been doin em for decades aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

There's a large lorry full of them for sale in the laneway opposite Grange Manor. They seem to do good business. Homebase is just down the road as well and they seem to be selling the real trees this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭depaor

Maguires Garden Centre

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Usually a yard across from Maxol on the Cork Road that does em. I also saw a sign giving directions to another place which sold them on that little bridge on the Tramore Road before you come to the Ballindud Roundabout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Fella beside the old maxol station on the dunmore road was selling themlast two days I passed by.Not sure of prices tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

we got ours from a place on the way to fearn park (sp?) last year actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Ushuaia

Has anyone bought their tree for this year yet? How much did you pay and where? Looking to see which place is best value?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭JPA

KingLoser wrote: »
    Kervicks on Ballybricken have been doin em for decades aswell.

Ya they have some nice ones at €40. (is that normal?)

They are on little metal stands but when you buy them they take the stand off so maybe you could ask them to leave it on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Arsenal1986

Lots of the christmas trees on sale in town are actualy plastic ones which they spra with real tree smell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Lots of the christmas trees on sale in town are actualy plastic ones which they spra with real tree smell.

what?
    where did you hear this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Ushuaia

*shiver* :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

JPA wrote: »
    Ya they have some nice ones at €40. (is that normal?)

They are on little metal stands but when you buy them they take the stand off so maybe you could ask them to leave it on.

Yup Kervicks out in Ardkeen are doing them too. The little metal stands are really good, although they fatigue after 3 or 4 years. They do sell the stands, but they are extra, they don't come free with the tree.

Advertisement