Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Endless Stream of 171 Text Messages - O2

• 02-12-2008 12:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

Quick one, This happened with my last phone and now its happening again, both Nokia's.

Over the weekend I got a voice mail or two so as usual I received a 171 SMS too. The problem is now almost ever hour my phone beeps with one new text message but when I open it, its the 171 voice mail message.

Whats stranger is when I check the date and time its stamped as Saturday morning. Once I close it and go back into my Inbox I have to scroll down back to Saturday before I can find it again... I've deleted it a million times now but still keeps happening.

Any ideas? Are these SMS's somehow different from a standard one?

It just happened again now lol :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

i'm not on 02 so i don't really know, but is it possible when you rang 171 that you didn't wait till the very end of the message and it thinks you still haven't listened to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭coillcam

I'm pretty sure you can disable your voicemail then you'll get no 171 messages at all - not much use though if you need to keep and use your VM, the procedure eludes me at the moment.

Someone might post it here, failing that ring customer care and I'd say they will sort it out handy enough on 1909.

Advertisement