Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vientiane Laos to Dublin Flights

• 02-12-2008 12:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭

Hi All,

Need to get my bro back to Dublin ASAP..

can anyone tell me another way out of Laos back to Dublin, without going through Bankok....

Thanks a mill

T

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭buccsboyo

He could go AirAsia to KualaLumpur or Lao Airlines to Hanoi although you cant book online for Lao Airlines he could buy a ticket at the airport and he would need to have a visa in advance for Vietnam.
    He could get back to Europe from Malaysia or Vietnam pretty easily.China is also an option but he would need a visa for here as well. Prob best option is KL wth Air Asia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭Tazzer

thanks buccsboyo

do you know if he would need a visa for KualaLumpur...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

No Visa needed for Malaysia/KL. I'd second that route too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

He should just wait like everyone else for 2 days and go home from bangkok.

Its clearly not as urgent as you suggest if your posting on this site to find out information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭Tazzer

thanks everyone, you are all a great help...

only1stevo - i post on this board as i find everyone very helpful in all matters - there is always something someone here knows that would be usefull...

and FYI, it is quite important that i get him home, not that I should be explaining myself to you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

only1stevo wrote: »
    He should just wait like everyone else for 2 days and go home from bangkok.

Its clearly not as urgent as you suggest if your posting on this site to find out information.

Why bother posting if you have nothing positive to add?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

SheroN wrote: »
    Why bother posting if you have nothing positive to add?

waiting for the bangkok airport would be the most sensible thing to do and at this stage, quickest, instead of going to and fro south east asia.

and op, im sorry, but if this is urgent, you would not be posting on boards, you would be ringing various consulates and airlines in south east asia. unless that is you are a very thick individual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

only1stevo, I suggest you modify your attitude. If you've nothing constructive to contribute, don't contribute - Thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

It could be easily another 7 days before things get back to normal at BKK Airport so I'd look into to heading to KL.

It could take less than 24 hours to get from Vientiane - Dublin.

Advertisement