Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What kind of sentence should be expected

Options
  • 02-12-2008 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Just Curious A friend of mine was in a car accident lately. He's okay but lucky tobe alive. Problem is that he tried to outrun the guards before he crashed.It was a single car accident.He had being drink driving, had no NCT and no tax and also was driving on a provisional licence. He has no previous convictions for anything.What kind of a sentence is realistic here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

A long lenghty driving ban, a large fine, a couple of months in the 'Joy & a Partridge in a pear tree....

edit he will soon know his femine sign a lot more after his time inside...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Just Curious A friend of mine was in a car accident lately. He's okay but lucky tobe alive. Problem is that he tried to outrun the guards before he crashed.It was a single car accident.He had being drink driving, had no NCT and no tax and also was driving on a provisional licence. He has no previous convictions for anything.What kind of a sentence is realistic here.

a jail sentence i'd hope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

2 year ban at least, very surprised if your "friend" doesnt go away for a while..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Death I hope. I know its harsh but its the only way to stop muppets like your friends from

a) drink driving -- haven't you seen the ads? Common sense no?

b) running from the guards -- your more than likely going to get caught, not worth the hassle. Hasnt he seen all those cops and robbers programmes on TV?

and
    c) driving a car that could be unfit to be on the road thus causing a hazard to other drivers.

Idiot deserves more than whatever he gets. End of.

I would imagine he will get more than 3 years of a ban and maybe a couple of months of a prison sentence which would be most likely suspended if its his first offense. He should also expect some hefty fines. Have a read of the link below its also of a fella who ran from the guards and he was never in trouble before. He wasnt drunk though. I didnt hear the outcome of the case but it might give you an idea what to expect.

http://www.advertiser.ie/galway/article/3001

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,968 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Hopefully whatever sentence he gets it'll be better constructed than some of the ones you threw together.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

Q2002 wrote: »
    Hopefully whatever sentence he gets it'll be better constructed than some of the ones you threw together.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 King for a day

Vegeta wrote: »
    a jail sentence i'd hope

I did not ask what kind of sentence you hope he gets but what can he expect to get ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I did not ask what kind of sentence you hope he gets but what can he expect to get ?
    You're wasting your time here, to be honest. This is the home of self-righteous indignation, for legal advice you'll need a solicitor.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Vegeta wrote: »
    a jail sentence i'd hope

Id go with death still considering the things done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Hopefully 3 year driving ban, 3 months in prison, prohibitively expensive insurance for the rest of his life to limit his car to a Nissan Micra.

Also, will affect your friends chances of jobs, international visas, etc.
    Hopefully it's a black stain on his character and permanent record for the rest of his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Anan1 is right, get your friend to consult a solicitor.

I'll close this now before the first explicit picture of torture methods gets posted :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement