Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW 09/12/08 Spoilers Live 3 hour show

• 02-12-2008 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

Additionally, the following matches have been confirmed for next week's 3 hour Raw special:

-Triple H vs Batista
    -Edge vs John Cena
    -Jeff Hardy vs Chris Jericho
    -John Morrison vs CM Punk in the second round of the Intercontinental Title Tournament
    -Rey Mysterio vs Kofi Kingston in the second round of the Intercontinental Title Tournament

Jeff Hardy vs Chris Jericho :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I would be surprised if more than 1 of those big three matches end clean...
    not a hope in hell that HHH v Batista will end clean for sure.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Rjd2 wrote: »
    not a hope in hell that HHH v Batista will end clean for sure.....

There is a slight chance

rovert wrote: »
    There is a slight chance

Really surely this match screams Orton interference?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Really surely this match screams Orton interference?

Every match screams Priceless interference.

Anyway Batista as been losing a fair bit recently.

rovert wrote: »
    Every match screams Priceless interference.

Anyway Batista as been losing a fair bit recently.

Yeah but I cant see Hunter losing clean and I cant see Edge interfering in this match heel or not for obvious continuity reasons!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

The following preview is from WWE.com:

Preview: And the award goes to ...
    December 8, 2008

One of the biggest editions of Monday Night Raw this year will be the ideal way to celebrate the defining moments of 2008. It will take three hours and an early start time of 8/7 CT for Raw to play host to not only three headlining singles bouts between WWE’s top Superstars, but also the long-awaited return of the Slammy Awards.

When Raw last aired on USA Network, Execute Vice President Stephanie McMahon revealed a series of matches inspired by one of the most highly regarded Slammy honors, Superstar of the Year. Six Superstars are in contention for this prize and they are each paired up for one-on-one encounters: Batista vs. Triple H, Chris Jericho vs. Jeff Hardy and World Heavyweight Champion John Cena vs. WWE Champion Edge in a rare champion-against-champion confrontation.

While WWE’s top titleholders square off, Intercontinental Champion William Regal will also be watching this momentous episode of Raw to see if he and the lovely Layla might be nominees for Couple of the Year. He’ll also be glued to locker room monitors for the continuation of the tournament to determine the No. 1 contender to the Englishman’s gold. World Tag Team Champion Kofi Kingston meets Rey Mysterio in the next round, while the Jamaican Craze’s partner CM Punk faces John Morrison. Whose victory will bring them one bracket closer to a title match with Regal?

All this plus the crowning of Diva of the Year, Match of the Year, “DAMN!” Moment of the Year and many more categories. There’s a lot up for grabs when Raw rolls into the City of Brotherly Love on Monday night at 8/7 CT. Tune in to USA Network to see which Superstars and Divas will bring home the coveted gold grapplers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

Triple wins, Jeff wins, Edge loses and then retains at Armageddon.

I'd love to see Orton interfering in the Triple - Batista match, as long as he doesn't end up beaten up by both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

They'd be insane to have more than 1 clean finish. All of those matches are money matches, particularly Batista HHH which hasn't been possible in ages. I'd say Edge will win based on some kind of cheating , Hardy will probably win by Kozlov DQ and Orton will interfere in the HHH Batista match causing one of them to win, probably Hunter.

TBH, John Morrison vs. CM Punk > HHH vs Batista/ Hardy vs. Jericho.
    They had some classics on ECW and because Raw is three hours they might actually get some time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,919 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

To be honest..The card for this looks a lot better than most of the PPVs this year

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

callaway92 wrote: »
    To be honest..The card for this looks a lot better than most of the PPVs this year

I agree - the card looks more solid to me than the past few PPVs especially.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Why are Smackdown guys wrestling on RAW ?

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Its a 3 hour special with the Slammys which includes wrestlers from all 3 brands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

People are jumping brands every week. It does more harm than good in my opinion.

At Wresltemania 20 and 21, they were able to book a few "dream" matches (Goldberg/Lensar, Michaels/Angle) for the simple fact that they kept the brands separate for that year.

People are jumping brands every week. It does more harm than good in my opinion.

At Wresltemania 20 and 21, they were able to book a few "dream" matches (Goldberg/Lensar, Michaels/Angle) for the simple fact that they kept the brands separate for that year.

I've noticed it a fair bit but not paid too much attention as it seemed like there was a genuine purpose, ie, an "interpromotional match" but this just seems like they need or want to make this a big RAW so they're using some SD guys ?

They should do away with the brand extension system in my opinion too cause this looks like a good RAW and they could do with a few like these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I always believed that the brand extension was a great idea monetarily for the company and for my enjoyment. They need to be rigid about keeping them separate in order to make it special when sides from both brands eventually do meet.

I mean the Raw champ (Cena) is facing the Smackdown champ (Edge) and it's just being put out on Raw tonight with little build up, about 7 days. Something like that should be built up and be treated as something super special.

I mean the Raw champ (Cena) is facing the Smackdown champ (Edge) and it's just being put out on Raw tonight with little build up, about 7 days. Something like that should be built up and be treated as something super special.

Yeah exactly. Something like that should be on a PPV like Night of Champions or something. A RAW vs Smackdown PPV supercard would be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Bubs101 wrote: »
    TBH, John Morrison vs. CM Punk > HHH vs Batista/ Hardy vs. Jericho.
    They had some classics on ECW and because Raw is three hours they might actually get some time

Completely agree. Solid match.
    callaway92 wrote: »

Completely agree. Solid card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

MVC - Most Valuable Charlie :D

Advertisement