Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have broadband speeds increased in Cavan?

Options
  • 02-12-2008 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭

Has anybody signed up to an broadband providers lately and if so what speeds are they offering? I have a 2MB connection with UTV at the moment but if I thought BT or Eircom etc were offering better speeds I would go with them. Im living just outside Cavan Town (on the old Butlers Bridge Road).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

I used to have a 2MB BT hookup. Just outside Cavan town. It was bumped to 3MB a while back.

Switched to Eircom last week and it does feel a wee bit faster again.

Like I'm getting more of my 3MB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

I've 3mb with eircom

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭celt262

Anyone hooked up to the Arden Broadband or know anything about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 termon8r

Anyone with O2 Broadband in the Virginia area?

I have an O2 modem on trial for 7 days and I am receiving dismal download and upload speeds even though the device was indicating I was logged on to HSPA. I also tried with EDGE and have the same outcome.

I was concerned that it was my laptop which is 1-2 years old so was in Dublin yesterday and tried it out there and could attain the proper 2 mbps download and 1.3 mbps upload. Didn't change any settings therefore I know it is not the laptop.

I am very disappointed as the person in the O2 shop was quite confident that it would work and after checking the O2 web-site (from work) it appears that the area is covered.

If anyone can help me please let me know.

Advertisement