Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Starting Trouble

Options
  • 02-12-2008 1:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Lately when I turn the car on it splutters and sounds as though it's about to cut out. This doesn't happen every time, it seems the more I turn on and off the car the more shaky it is, for example first thing in the morning it usually starts fine but as car gets more use the more noticeable it becomes. I got the car serviced about a week before this started to happen and it also has a new battery. Anyone able to shed some light please??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

that sound serious :eek: WHAT car is it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fifomania

it's an old model Corsa, yes I know I'm prob asking for bother! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

i was joking - probably not that bad :P but its nice to know what car it is before making any comment. Some problems are inherent to certain makes you see ;)

but anyway if you just got it services last week then what did you service cover? did you get new spark plugs? did you get an air filter? did you get a fuel filter?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Does it splutter like theres air shooting out or something? Any leaks?

Sounds like a faulty spark plug!

With regards to the thread title, I throw stones at people when I want to start trouble :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭TWEEK1979

Were the correct spark plugs fitted? Sounds like a problem my friend has with his Suzuki Ignis, the mechanic that serviced his car fitted the wrong ones and his car was running like a pile of crap till the right ones were fitted....

Was it running ok before the service?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

I have the exact same problem with my Renault Clio, its probably on its last legs at this stage.
    It'll start fine, then the more its turned off and on etc throughout the day the worse it gets, you have to let the accelerator out the whole way, or push it in the full way to get it to work, when its half way it just splutters.
    serviced twice and nothing found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fifomania

that's very funny antodeco :D suppose it is a misleading thread title... :P
    I'm starting to think because of the age of the car that it's just gonna keep throwing problems at me! :mad: Took it to someone I know who fortunately knows about cars and he took it for a drive and said that I wasn't revving through the gears enough and that I needed to 'give it the diddy' (:P) when driving a lot more than I am and that should help it to start properly. He also said I should give it a little rev when starting. If the problems persist he said I should take it back to the garage that serviced it because it was running perfectly before the service. :rolleyes: sometimes it's just one thing after another, I'm nearly afraid to take it out on the road sometimes!

Advertisement