Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wits and wagers

• 02-12-2008 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi, was over with my cousin in Manchester and was playing this live arcade game. Came home and cannot seem to download on Live, is it possible this is not available in Ireland?

Cheers,

Tony.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Louisburgh lass

ya, i was looking for that too because its meant to work with the Big button pad controllers, but i dont think it came out...

It got fairly bad reviews anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 29 agibbons

Yes thats it, you can use it with the big button pads. It's not too bad actually, a good party game.

Strange that it is available in the UK and not Ireland. Normally games are relased in both countries, its not as if they need to translate or anything like that.

Tony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

it is in Ireland, was going to download it last week. Unless its been removed since then. UK and Ireland are classed as the same region by M/S. So if UK get it we get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Louisburgh lass

Just checked again, its not listed under W in the Aracde in the market place anyways...

Its on XBOX.com, but cant find it through the xbox to download it

• Registered Users Posts: 29 agibbons

ROC1977 wrote: »
    it is in Ireland, was going to download it last week. Unless its been removed since then. UK and Ireland are classed as the same region by M/S. So if UK get it we get it.

Hi, where do you see it? I have had a good search and cannot seem to find it.

Tony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Hi all,

This is a case where MS see UK and Ireland as separate (similar to Inside XBox when it first started on Live - it was UK only).

Wits and Wagers only appears to be in a few specific regions (UK, US, Germany) and nowhere else. I think it's because they create local questions for those regions.

If you go on the Marketplace web site, you can see the game here on the UK site - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584108a6/
    But if you try to spoof the address to the irish one, then it fails - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-IE/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584108a6/

Also, if you try to add it to your download queue from the UK one, it'll say this is not available in your region.

Hope that helps clarify...

Advertisement