Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'03/'04 Landcruiser

Options
  • 02-12-2008 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

I'm thinking of picking up a 03 or 04 Landcruiser. What should I be looking for on them? Is the reliability on them as good as previous model 'cruisers?

I would be thinking of getting one from the north or the UK and turning it into a commercial.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭foxhunter

Hey Folks,

I'm thinking of picking up a 03 or 04 Landcruiser. What should I be looking for on them? Is the reliability on them as good as previous model 'cruisers?

I would be thinking of getting one from the north or the UK and turning it into a commercial.

Cheers

They are a great piece of equipment and they seem to be very plentifull at the moment with the decline in the economy.
    A friend of mine has a uk import fully loaded 7 seater he has been all over the country with a three axle trailer and plenty of heavy loads on it without ever a problem.
    The only thing i would suggest is listen for a heavy knocking sound when test driving these as some of them gave trouble with injectors making a heavy diesel knock.
    Toyota were doing them under warranty i believe a while ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Good bus these and i did a quick google there and discovered this club online.

http://www.landcruiserclub.co.za

hope its of use to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Cheers guys.
    I have read up a bit on the injector knock. Looks like about a 1000e to fix it if it happens. Definately will listen out for that!

Trying to find some 120 landcruiser forums, I'll have a scan throught that one niceirishfella. Should prove useful.

Advertisement