Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Customs in Naas

Options
  • 02-12-2008 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭

Customs officers are pulling cars with uk regs in Naas today, had a beautiful Aston Martin pulled as I was passing, wouldnt like to be paying the fines/vrt on it:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

Customs were going round Claire Hall car park in Dublin last week and talking to anybody with a northern reg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭CJackson

Some young buck in an old Cadillac with English reg was pulled on the Quays yesterday........at 530pm in the height of rushhour :mad: blocking our buslane

CJackson wrote: »
    Some young buck in an old Cadillac with English reg was pulled on the Quays yesterday........at 530pm in the height of rushhour :mad: blocking our buslane

A bit pointless to be honest, the car is probably old enough to be exempt from vrt and if not the vrt would be next to nothing on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,455 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

CJackson wrote: »

Somehow I suspect Customs weren't involved in that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

unkel wrote: »
    Somehow I suspect Customs weren't involved in that...

Oh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

if not the vrt would be next to nothing on it.

Not the point though. My main gripe would be accountability. ir , with foreign plates he has none. Noy so much in a rare car like that but say a 05 silver focus or somesuch. Say they hit someone a (or run someone over) and decide to leg it. Good luck finding them.

Stekelly wrote: »
    Not the point though. My main gripe would be accountability. ir , with foreign plates he has none. Noy so much in a rare car like that but say a 05 silver focus or somesuch. Say they hit someone a (or run someone over) and decide to leg it. Good luck finding them.

Thats a fair point, I was talking in the context of the customs. But as Unkel said it was most likely the Gardai who stopped him in this instance for the reasons you mentioned or other reasons possibly drug search etc.

Advertisement