Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superfines

Options
  • 02-12-2008 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

If you took the books out before the superfines came in, do they still apply?

And does anyone know if the superfines show up on you library account?
    I've 5 long loans that are a day overdue...on my library account it's showing up as 30c each.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I'm not sure, but pay the fine now before you get caught for more!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

http://www.ucd.ie/library/about/policies_and_regulations/superfines.html

'Old' fines apply to books taken out before the 24th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭me2gud4u

yeh i took a book out thinking I was safe from the superfines.....it was a short term loan one and I knew it was a day or so overdue so decided to look at my library account...........

got done for a 20euro fine on a book that was ancient and prob not even worth twenty euro. Not even sure why it was on short term loan either because it is not a popular book. What got me more was that it was taken out prior to the date that the superfine system was brought in....but yeh my due date fell into the operational superfine dates.

tough luck i guess and lesson learnt.
    Medical library librarians are very nice I have to say. Think she felt sorry for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

me2gud4u wrote: »
    Medical library librarians are very nice I have to say. Think she felt sorry for me!
    They respond well to puppy dog eyes and the 'I'm a lost little 3rd year, I mean fresher' look - I managed to get a €30 fine reduced to €20 once :p This was before superfines were invented too. I used to not be very good at bringing books back...

Advertisement