Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Dole for christmas?

Options
  • 02-12-2008 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Does anyone know what week in december we get double dole for Christmas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Is that the "Christmas bonus" Sean? Never had it before but a quick search found that you get it on the first week of December. That would be when you're payment goes through this week, you will get it aswell. Am now a full time mature student and get the Back to Education Allowance. I think all welfare payments go through on the same day (Thursday).

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/News/do-you-know/do-you-know-november-2008/when-will-the-social-welfare-christmas-bonus-be-paid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭sean6477

excellent cheers mate

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

Just to tag onto your message here..
    Anyone know about what way payments will be made over Christmas?
    I collect mine on a thursday, So since Christmas Day is a Thursday and new years day is a Thursday what happens then?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Not 100% sure about it but Christmas Eve and New Years Eve are not bank holidays so they should go through for you on those days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

LoanShark wrote: »
    Just to tag onto your message here..
    Anyone know about what way payments will be made over Christmas?
    I collect mine on a thursday, So since Christmas Day is a Thursday and new years day is a Thursday what happens then?

The post office will have a sign up closer to the time with info.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dont you have to be on the dole long term or sumthing in order to recieve the christmas bounus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

You have to be in receipt of Jobseekers for 15 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭trailerparkboy

ive been on the dole since october 2007 so does this mean i wont get it since it is only 14 months instead of 15 or is it calucatuded by days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

390 days
    But some poster was saying they don't include Sundays so that will take longer to accumulate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Allah Hu Akbar

ive been on the dole since october 2007 so does this mean i wont get it since it is only 14 months instead of 15 or is it calucatuded by days?

AFAIK you have to be on it 12 months to get the bonus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Swindon

does that mean there is no payment the following week? if its a double this week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

AFAIK you have to be on it 12 months to get the bonus.

390 days
    Swindon wrote: »
    does that mean there is no payment the following week? if its a double this week...

Some people are eligable and one of those is long-term unemployed.
    It's an extra payment so it's double one week but all other weeks remain the same

Otherwise it wouldn't be a bonus at all
    Edit: I don't know the actual days the payment is made, it might alter if it falls on a public holiday. But if you're in the system you should know what days they will make payment on

Swindon wrote: »

No you do.

But you get two weeks money just before christmas but you don't get paid the following week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭jaffa20

I wish we were getting a christmas bonus in work. Lucky you!

jaffa20 wrote: »

Yeah it's just great getting an extra 197Euro :rolleyes:. My daughters presents come in at 600 alone and I'm not even getting the bonus.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

My daughters presents come in at 600 alone and I'm not even getting the bonus.

Eeek!!
    I'm not getting a bonus either- but isn't 600 for presents excessive? Maybe I'm getting old?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

jaffa20 wrote: »

Yeah who could miss a weekly wage of €325 (minimum wage) when they're getting an extra €197.80?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Well I did'nt get it,but then again,Im only on the dole since auguest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭trailerparkboy

Yes i got it today what a relief was thinking i might not, so ho ho ho happy xmas everybody, drinks are on me:D

how long are you on the dole ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

dole thay must get raid off this bull****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mcdweeb

I collect dole payments on Fridays in Donegal. Is this Friday the last payment of the year? Do you get next Friday's and the following Fridays this Friday because it's Christmas Day next Friday and New Year's Day the following Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭Shamanic

there is NO BONUS as the above poster said, what you got was a double payment that is to cover over xmas when the post office isnt open for you to colect your dole.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

dragona wrote: »

the post referring to the bonus was written in 2008. see this is one of the reasons why you shouldn't drag up old threads. it causes confusion like this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement