Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

installing xp proffesional

• 02-12-2008 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

i have just went from xp home edition to proffesional i have installed it and went to activate it online, now for sum reason i cant intall my eircom broadband with cd and the screen is set at large pixel, what am i doing wrong i really want broadband

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

You could try installing it by using the eircom cd directly.
    When you have installed the hardware windows will ask you for a driver to use, on the cd there should be a Folder named USBdriver or something and you could use that install your modem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 kennic

ok i tired that but failed, everything is working on the eircom router but just it seems wont connect to pc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Sounds like you could well be missing a few drivers. Graphics card especially. Try updating your drivers including the USB ones and see if you get anywhere.

What type computer is it? You might be able to get driver updates from the manufacturers website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 kennic

i could try that but i cant even connect to internet, its a dell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭curtin10

Screen issues is most certainly a driver issue. Your broadband will not work because you probably have no network card drivers. Depending on what dell model you have you will have gotten blue CD's with it. This will contain drivers and utilities for your computer. This failing get yourself off to a mates house with a memory stick and the service tag number under the laptop and this will get you the new drivers.

You do not need the cd to install eircom broadband either. Its plug and play. To change settings go to the internet browser and enter this ip address : 192.168.1.254 . This will get you into the router for you to connect. Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Then how are you posting these messages?

Just go onto the dell site with whatever computer you are using and put in the Service Tag of the problem computer and download all drivers needed onto a CD or USB key. Transfer them to problem computer and away you go.

Advertisement