Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online trading not working due to market movements

Options
  • 02-12-2008 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

hi, i'm a sharewatch customer and they seem to constantly tell me that they aren't able to carry out a trade (be a limit or a price query) due to market conditions. i was just wondering has anyone experienced anything similar with other stockbrokers or is it just sharewatch? (i've read plenty of bad stuff about them on this website and have had nothing but problems with them as well), i'm trading bank stocks on the ISEQbut it doesn't seem to quote me on any stocks on the ISEQ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

fergm wrote: »
    hi, i'm a sharewatch customer and they seem to constantly tell me that they aren't able to carry out a trade (be a limit or a price query) due to market conditions. i was just wondering has anyone experienced anything similar with other stockbrokers or is it just sharewatch? (i've read plenty of bad stuff about them on this website and have had nothing but problems with them as well), i'm trading bank stocks on the ISEQbut it doesn't seem to quote me on any stocks on the ISEQ

Do you have simmiler problems when you trade by phone with sharewatch or just with their online platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭fergm

no its just with their online platform but the online platform is the most important thing. i want to know what prices are available rather then having to watch a 15 min delay stream of prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Turbury

fergm wrote: »
    no its just with their online platform but the online platform is the most important thing. i want to know what prices are available rather then having to watch a 15 min delay stream of prices

I find their on-line platform very unreliable - but they are very helpful over the phone it has to be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭blocparty

think its a problem with the ISEQ, the market simply isnt big enough for a personal investor to try and make daily trades as there simply isn't the volume or the information to base your actions on.

i use davy and i must say the information available is shocking, as a result i just use davy to trade american and uk stocks getting my info from a variety of different sources

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭MortgageBroker

on irish shares i heard that there are issues with sell/buy and some vice versa there are waiting times for orders to clear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

on irish shares i heard that there are issues with sell/buy and some vice versa there are waiting times for orders to clear
    with present low trading volumes with iseq and ftse markets time to clear orders shouldnt be taking up to much time. I opened a trading a/c with nib and was dissapointed to find out that buying and selling of stocks can take upto 30 minutes, A lot could happen to stock price withinn a minute or so let alone 20-30 minutes.

Advertisement