Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N6 Resurfacing/Roadworks

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

It is a bloody joke - took me an hour and a half to get from Parkmore to Spideal last night...and that was after 6 pm.

Would also be nice if they put up signs that one lane is closed (and which one), to avoid bottlenecks...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Hmm, i'm back in Galway tonight, must try and avoid that area if at all possible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Hmm, i'm back in Galway tonight, must try and avoid that area if at all possible

Was no problem getting through at 9pm last night when I was coming home from work. Not too sure at what point yesterday evening the traffic started to ease off but it was aweful bad most of the day.

PS - Left lane going West will be closed today. All 4 lanes will probably be open once they get the last one finished this evening. On the way home last night all 4 were open.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭MaxFlower

KevR wrote: »
    Kayos,
    ....the left hand lane going West at the cash and cary and again at the RAB wasn't great at all. ......

But if you actually look at the road (I did before they started) the bad areas were all areas that had been dug up previously by contractors or whoever. The only pot hole I could see was in one of those tell tale black rectangles and again was badly repaired. Granted the ropey bit someone mentioned was a problem and completely down to wear and tear. Other than that where the surface remained untouched it was spot on to my eye.

Given that it probably won't be too long before some services company is given permission to tear it up again, the works are to a certain extent a waste of time and money.

Until we get to a stage where the council forces contractors to repair properly or don't allow them in the first place or the ultimate solution - schedule services installation and resurfacing to coincide - then we will always have the patchwork roads network that we have become accustomed to in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

KevR wrote: »
    No problems at all going East this evening - I got from Westside to Ballybrit in just over 15 mins.

Would say there were bad delays going West through here though.

3 lanes done now - I would imagine that the 4th will be done tomorrow and then they just have to put down road markings and stuff.

drove through it this morning. I'm pretty sure, thats just the base course that they have down on the 3 lanes. They still have to put down the finishing hot rolled asphalt layer. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

It won't be sorted before the end of the weekend I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

Das Kitty wrote: »

if they still have to put down the HRA, not a chance. Hope I'm wrong tho

Das Kitty wrote: »

Hope they work through the weekend then and get it done before next Monday. They seem to be only working a regular 9-5 so I'm not sure if they would work through the weekend or down tools Friday evening until Monday morning.

They seem to be back working on this road again today, didn't notice any work over the weekend. Causing some delays so far today but nothing like last week from what I can tell. Will have to wait for evening rush hour to see if there are any major traffic problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TristanPeter

The traffic on the bridge this evening after 7 was crazy going towards Westside. They are chanelling the two lanes into one just after the petrol station and cars end up blodking the actual traffic light junction. They should consider switching the lights off at peak times and using manual traffic controls to allow traffic to flow more freely...well in theory anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Yeah they got half the top layer down yesterday (they were still working at 8.20pm last night).

So hopefully today the other half and probably another day for the markings.

Advertisement