Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anybody buying a bike in 09

• 02-12-2008 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭

Anybody planning on getting another/new/secondhand bike in 09 ? This is not meant to be a discussion of the pro's and con's of buying new, just interested to know what bikes people are planning on buying next year :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

I'm tempted but already have two bikes so need to get rid of one first. Ideally I'd go for a 916 if I was buying another bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I gave up bikes a few years ago when i went back to college, but when i finish up in May and start working full time again i might buy a bike again. Would probably buy another cbr 250 cos i love them so much!

I'm saving up for a Yamaha MT-01.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Tempted to get a shiny new 09 yz250f, but will probably have some sence and just pick up an 08!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Looking to get something like a hornet 250 in Feb when my insurance is up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Supermoto R for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I bought 3 bikes this year (1 road - 2 race) so I'll be taking it handy in '09 I tell ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Dorsanty

Looking out for a good second hand VFR 800. But recently thinking I should stick to the street style bikes, so a Triple or similar.

Need to sit on and test drive the contenders for my cash. Prob in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

RasTa wrote: »
    Supermoto R for me.

Me too, except for the R part. I prefer the standard Supermoto 990. In black :pac: I move past my 2 years of restricted driving after passing my test in March, so that's when I'll hopefully make a move to this beauty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭anonymousjunkie

will be lookin to flog the cbr 250 and get a gsxr 600 if the sheckles are there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Just got the 08 Blade about a month and a half back and don't think anything else looks like it will be better so won't be swapping this year
    On the look out for a 600cc thing to use on track tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

would love to trade in the vfr for something "different", what's proper term for a 'road ready motorcrosser'?? a trailie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

If all thing go to plan I will be keeping the KLE and the Transalp for the commute but I'm hoping to pick up a Vespa 200 next year. I plan to use it for just pottering around on the weekends and its something I could turn into a bit of a project. Though with saying that it will be in the second part of the year in terms of finance by the time I get around to it.

batman_oh wrote: »
    Just got the 08 Blade about a month and a half back and don't think anything else looks like it will be better so won't be swapping this year
    On the look out for a 600cc thing to use on track tho
    Could you post some pics of the 'blade Batman? I got the '07 version in silver and I'm delighted with her! But the '08 in black is starting to make me moist to be honest...

What sort of 600cc track bike you looking for? I'm selling a Pre'97 CBR 600 very cheap if you're interested!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

Subject to me not being broke, I'm looking at a Ducati Monster S2R as a second bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Red Hornet

Lookin at the new Hornet 600 or maybe d CB1000R if d funds are healthy after christmas:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 daithismith

I'm thinking of getting a Honda CBR125R. Second hand likely but possibly a brand new one (first bike - good idea?/good bike?) I'd like to think that buying it brand new will have benefits of long warranty and maybe getting some safety gear thrown in too. If I decide not to get one I'll definitely upgrade my car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭agent_smith

I always buy my bike new... my reason being is that i only have 2 wheels under me ,and if something does go wrong it could be catastrophic. I like to know the history of a bike. Just my personal 0.02 though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,573 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Just got a 1995 cb400, first bike so all excited. Only 29,000 km on Jap import

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

TheDriver wrote: »

was my first bike too a good few years back. Great bike to start on, never had much trouble with it either after I got the carbs' cleaned on it.

Myself I'm looking for a cheap (early 90's) CBR anything from 600 up. Kinda toying with the CBR 1000, big reliable thing them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

They learner legal or do you need a restriction?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭mgadget

CB400 sf needs a restriciton kit to be lerner legal. Ya couldn't pick a better first bike, I loved mine! Though a secondhand Bandit 600 with factory restriction - Group5 cheap insurance - would probably be more sensible nowadays.

On topic, have always wanted a Ducati so a 749 is finally in my sights, could be swayed by the 848 if the budget allows.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭paulieeye

mgadget wrote: »
    CB400 sf needs a restriciton kit to be lerner legal. Ya couldn't pick a better first bike, I loved mine!

getting one a these soon enuf..moving from a Dragstar250.

This says that the CB400 is under the restrict limit...

http://www.magireland.org/33bhp.htm

is the super 4 alot more powerful than standard cb400?

i think standard is 31bhp

Some say it is learner legal, some say it isn't but its very close to it, grand heavy bike.
    Super 4 I think is the name for cb400, used to be 400/4 before that. Insurance is dirt cheap and no talk of restrictions for it.
    Picked it up for a song and dead happy with it, lovely machine, not too flashy but not too small either

Super 4 I think is the name for cb400, used to be 400/4 before that. Insurance is dirt cheap and no talk of restrictions for it.
    An insurance company won't ask you to restrict it. It is your responsibility to know this and get it done. It's only when you put in a big fat claim that they'll investigate the restriction. And that's when they'll turn around to you and say "sorry, you're on your own pal".

Careful with those restrictions lads! Be legal and don't lie to your insurance company! They'll make you regret it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Bought one today. First bike, ER-6n. If your reading this Jonner, shes a beaut.

There is no lying, in fact Quinn only wanted to know if its restricted from above 40 down to 33, they seemed to consider the cb400 as learner legal as is

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Picked it up for a song

the one i was looking at (99 with 15,000 on the clock) is gonna for 2500. Hows that compared to urs?

got 1995 with 29000kms (jap import) for 850

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

Last I knew the Super 4 has a BHP of 56. I could be wrong though.

Advertisement