Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help - Alarm/Central Locking in Ford Focus

Options
  • 02-12-2008 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I hope someone can help me. The central locking on my Focus is acting up. When i click the button on the remote, the alarm turns off and the locks open, but almost immediately relock. I have to open the car with the key.

It is a bit head wrecking in the morning. Anyone else come accross a problem like this, any suggestions how i might fix it? Its a 99 Focus, petrol by the way.

Id really appreciate any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Deedsie wrote: »
    Hi,

I hope someone can help me. The central locking on my Focus is acting up. When i click the button on the remote, the alarm turns off and the locks open, but almost immediately relock. I have to open the car with the key.

It is a bit head wrecking in the morning. Anyone else come accross a problem like this, any suggestions how i might fix it? Its a 99 Focus, petrol by the way.

Id really appreciate any suggestions.

Check to see if the interior passenger door handle is moving freely. Sounds like it might be stuck half open / half closed. Central locking doesn't know whether it's coming or going if that's the case, but a bit of WD40 will sort it.

Happened to me on an old Orion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

yeah sounds like it could be that alright. it could also be a sticky solenoid inside the door. some wd40 on that might help too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

tin79 wrote: »
    yeah sounds like it could be that alright. it could also be a sticky solenoid inside the door. some wd40 on that might help too

I have the WD40 but whats a solenoid? Where would i be spraying like?

Advertisement