Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I find out the sex

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

^ The whole thing is terrifying really as we are more and more able to pre genetically determine our offspring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I wanted to know for each of mine, and I was able to have access to ultrasound in my workplace. Though they got it wrong for my first baby! It really annoyed me when people said "It's good enough for you" or "That'll teach you!". It's not a criminal thing to want to find out, and those who don't shouldn't be judgemental towards those who do!!!
    It's a matter of personal choice - do what you feel is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

kelle wrote: »
    I wanted to know for each of mine, and I was able to have access to ultrasound in my workplace. Though they got it wrong for my first baby! It really annoyed me when people said "It's good enough for you" or "That'll teach you!". It's not a criminal thing to want to find out, and those who don't shouldn't be judgemental towards those who do!!!
    It's a matter of personal choice - do what you feel is right.

God I would have smacked them, how dare they say something as rude as that. People are asking me do I know the gender and when I tell them I'll know on Friday I get told "ah dont it'll ruin the surprise" I think being told I was pregnant to begin with shocked me enough!:) I get to decide if I want to find out not them!

We are as good as convinced its a boy, (my boyfriends dad died around the time i got pregnant) so we believe its one, not that we would give out if it was a girl. Although I wouldnt know what to do as my boyfriend wants a daddys little pink princess if it is:L If its a boy, we want a sports jersey wearing little man! its all so exciting regardless.

My boyfriends sister is demanding that we not tell her though if we find out because she wants a surprise. But thats fair enough, at least shes not slamming it down our throats not to find out in the first place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    My boyfriends sister is demanding that we not tell her though if we find out because she wants a surprise.

As I said, we found out. I don't really get the surprise thing myself. You get a boy or a girl; a 50-50 chance. I don't really see the big benefit of waiting, but each to their own.

Advertisement