Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Draughty Frech Doors

Options
  • 02-12-2008 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I have French doors at the rear of my house. Problem with them is that when they're closed there is still a slight gap between the 2 doors letting cold air in (or hot air out :) ). I'm assuming the door(s) are slightly warped hence they're not sealing tightly. Other than replacing the doors themselves is there another possible fix? Thanks.

K.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Hi
    Are they Hardwood or softwood

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I have a teak front door and the seals keep falling off.

I need to replace them with good quality ones...any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

Carpenter wrote: »
    Hi
    Are they Hardwood or softwood

Good old uPVC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

You should be able to get them adjusted to close the gap - look up upvc windows in the golden pages and ring around. I had similar problem - upvc double doors that had dropped since installation - engineer that came was able to sort the doors in a hour.

If you think they are warped, put a spirit level on them and take a look. Common problem in installation is the window is not packed into the frame - so the frame will fall out of square over time - dropping and causing gaps at the top of the frame.

Advertisement