Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

jobs in dance music industry in ireland?

• 02-12-2008 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I was listenin to radio 1 last week, and they had a carrers week, a lot of it dedicated to a career in the dance music industry,

outside of djing, is there anything else in this beautiful country of ours that I could work as in the dance music industry?

i know it sounds a bit silly, but im miserable in my job at the mo!

any suggestions at all would be gr8

ps i am a bedroom dj but no where near good enough to make it !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

promoter,you could do a&r work but with labels being so small these days theres hardly a demand for it really.
    you could be a sound engineer,although youve got alot of competition.
    you could produce(takes a few years before you get good though)
    not a whole pile really i guess

oh id just like to say too that your probably not alone being miserable at your job,its more what people do in there free time that dictates how happy they are in life.if you lie around on the sofa all night you might be a bit more unhappy than the person whos out doing something they enjoy.
    failing that you could always go to night school or do a course in the evening.
    or if your still young get out and travel.plenty of time to be in a job you hate when your thirty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ibeatza

seannash wrote: »
    promoter,you could do a&r work but with labels being so small these days theres hardly a demand for it really.
    you could be a sound engineer,although youve got alot of competition.
    you could produce(takes a few years before you get good though)
    not a whole pile really i guess

ya i know, i was thinkin about producing i got ableton but its frickin hard to start on. i suppose if u rlly wanna job in this industry ud have to move over to uk or maybe america!

who know this time next yr i might have produced the tune of 2009 ha

oh id just like to say too that your probably not alone being miserable at your job,its more what people do in there free time that dictates how happy they are in life.if you lie around on the sofa all night you might be a bit more unhappy than the person whos out doing something they enjoy.
    failing that you could always go to night school or do a course in the evening.
    or if your still young get out and travel.plenty of time to be in a job you hate when your thirty :D

ya thats so true, thanks man!

ibeatza wrote: »
    ya i know, i was thinkin about producing i got ableton but its frickin hard to start on. i suppose if u rlly wanna job in this industry ud have to move over to uk or maybe america!

who know this time next yr i might have produced the tune of 2009 ha
    not really,internet has basically enabled people to be involved in the industry no matter where they live(within reason)im sure the scen in ireland is big enough for you to carve out a career in it.although it does seem more closed off than in other places.
    anyone these days can start a night so maybe try doing that.do a small venue first and see how you get on.
    oh and production is hard but it tends to sort out the people who like it for the right reasons from the people who want to be a superstar :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Nothing to stop you producing your own tunes with the PC.
    Deep house is quite easy to make.

Nolanger wrote: »
    Nothing to stop you producing your own tunes with the PC.
    Deep house is quite easy to make.
    eh what?
    any music is easy to make but good music is hard to make,well made music is hard to make

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

eh what?
    any music is easy to make but good music is hard to make,well made music is hard to make

ah ffs, now you tell me!!!!

jtsuited wrote: »
    ah ffs, now you tell me!!!!
    i guess its obvious alright:D
    but to say deep house is easy to make is a false statement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Become a promoter
    Light Jock
    Visuals
    Any weird talents that would look well on stage?

• Advertisement

Could you strip off and dance in a cage, like those dancers you see at Manumission?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

I'm after talent scouts :) - i can offer a % of earnings if you find something that gets picked up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Ireland dance scene sucks donkey balls

Neurojazz wrote: »
    I'm after talent scouts :) - i can offer a % of earnings if you find something that gets picked up :)

hey ya i would definately be interested! can you give me more details pls

Could you strip off and dance in a cage, like those dancers you see at Manumission?

ya dont think that would work for me ha ha ha ha ha

Advertisement