Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Rubbish in the Garden

Options
  • 02-12-2008 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

i'm not sure if this is the right place to post this apologies if its not. Anyways our bin system that we use is the tags that you buy so we buy three at a time. Anyways we tend to just leave our bags of rubbish out in our back garden until teh collection day which is once a week. They end up getting torn apart from cats etc. during the night and get very wet etc which makes my garden look very unsightly and also a nightmare then when leaving the rubbish out for collection. Can anyone recommend a nice container of some sort that I can store my rubbish bags in until the collection day. Somethign that will keep the bags dry and keep the cats from getting at them also.

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭miles teg

a rubbish bin would do the trick

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Buy a wheelie bin, or visit your hardware store and investigate what sort of lidded outdoor boxes they have - you might find the wheelie bin is cheaper!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

How about this for a solution?:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

They're pretty, like oversized bee hives!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

They are slightly smaller than the regular wheelie bin but similar capacity to the plastic composters. The Beehive is a well made crafted product using robust materials and it's distinctive design makes it very popular. It can and is used in a wide variety of ways including: garden tidy, garden composter, garden feature, in smaller gardens they are actually used to store hand tools/wellies so no unsightly sheds etc and looks at home in amongst the plants!!

Not just a pretty box but good looks helps bring extra happiness:D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

I've used an old alumimum coal bunker. It holds several bags and there is no way for cats or rats to get to the rubbish.

Advertisement