Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth to Clondalkin

Options
  • 02-12-2008 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I'm am living in Maynooth at the moment and was wondering how you could get to Clondalkin more specifically the Park West Buisness Park on the Nangor Road from Maynooth via public transport and how long would it take? I'm aware that the 66 Bus passes by Liffey Valley where from there you can walk to Clondalkin. I'd greatly appreciate it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

No idea, and i drove out that direction today!

Best bet is to ring the office and ask them, they'll probably be able to tell you exactly what buses you need to get.

Contact details here : http://www.dublinbus.ie/home/

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I think the hazelhatch train line stops somewhere in Clondalkin but i'm just not sure where exactly! check out irishrail.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Adelante

The commuter Arrow service runs from Portlaoise/Kildare to Dublin Heuston on a frequent basis, stopping at Hazalhatch/Celbridge, Parkwest (previously Cherry Orchard stop they moved it either earlier this yr or last),and Clondalkin, now ive never got off at Parkwest /Clondalkin so I cant say for certain how close either is to your final destination.May I make a suggestion, you can take it on board or not do a dummy run from H'hatch/Celbridge and find your best alternative that suits.Hope this helps:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Buses serving Park West - 79a, 151 (stops on main road outside the park)
    www.amconline.ie private buses from O'Connell Bridge and Kylemore luas stops.
    Irish Rail, Kildare to Heuston.

With the exception of the 151, the others all leave you within the business park itself.

The walk from Liffey Valley isn't fantastic - bits with no footpaths etc. At a decent pace it would be at least 30 minutes walk, depending on where the bus stops in Liffey Valley.

You might look at getting the train to town, Luas to Kylemore, then shuttle to Park West, but that's quite tedious - particularly when the entire trip would take about 25 minutes by car.

Just had another thought - if you could get off the 66 somewhere around the end of the Kylemore Road, it would be about a 15 minute walk up to Ballyfermot to pick up the 79a.

Advertisement